'21 NC OT Colby Smith (Auburn commit)

Just went over this kid's film again. Never stops moving his feet and moves pretty darn well. I really think had the camp circuit been open this year he'd have blown up. Really hope we hang on to this kid, he's better than his rating, I'm confident of that.

Just went over this kid's film again. Never stops moving his feet and moves pretty darn well. I really think had the camp circuit been open this year he'd have blown up. Really hope we hang on to this kid, he's better than his rating, I'm confident of that.
He got the restless Peyton feet syndrome?

manning2.gif
I counted 38 steps

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Frame: Long and thin upper body with a much thicker lower half. He’s got room to add much more weight on the college level.

Athleticism: He plays defensive end at 6’7, nearing 300 pounds, and does so with a fairly decent burst as well. There are some things to clean up in terms of body patterns athletically, but he’s an above-average mover for his size.

Instincts: He knows how to get his cleats in the ground and do so quickly as an offensive tackle. There’s a level of aggression and nasty that stands out on tape and he plays with decent anticipation.

Polish: There’s just not a lot of traditional offensive line requirements showing up on tape. The footwork isn’t great, but he takes short choppy steps that you need to have if you’re going to be this long. He’s going to need a good bit of work in his pass set, but because he hasn’t done much of it.

Bottom Line: Bet on the measurables with this one. Smith is a physical specimen that plays with great athleticism and effort and appears to be coachable. He’s going to project more as a right tackle based off the foot speed and aggression in the run game until further notice.

SI All-American Candidate Colby Smith Highlights and Evaluation

Wonder why we're looking to move on? Haven't seen his film, and even if I had, I'm no expert, but he has the size. Only signing 2 OL this class seems risky.

Are you a coach?

So are we just not taking anyone else for the remaining of this 21’class? Lol jk Its brooks and Lewis or bust? I seen the DB but other than that what’s our real last few options?

We NEED some OT type bodies. Curious to see who we replace with.

VN Store

Back