‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

All we need is dept. on the defense we played decent D in the first half, then we ran out of juice in the second half, get some dept. then we will be on our way back to the top.
Based on?

Q2 was our downfall. We were ok in 2nd halves. 2nd half stats were just fine. Our 2nd quarters are what were inexplicable though.

Yes the #7 scoring offense in the nation was the problem with not scoring points
What it really comes down to is how each and every person decide to view this team and what they view as a successful football team. It is very easy to see that no matter what the results may be either the defense or the offense folks will not be happy.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Yes the #7 scoring offense in the nation was the problem with not scoring points
I did a whole post about that

I'm not going over that, because I know you saw it. So don't even do that..

People can continue to act like the offense is perfect if they want. THE WHOLE TEAM NEEDS IMPROVEMENT or 7-6 with a bunch of close closes will be a yearly thing

All we need is dept. on the defense we played decent D in the first half, then we ran out of juice in the second half, get some dept. then we will be on our way back to the top.
Definitely need depth on defense.

With that in mind...i think most coaches would have tried to posses the ball more than 24 mins a game. To help that defense.

Definitely need depth on defense.

With that in mind...i think most coaches would have tried to posses the ball more than 24 mins a game. To help that defense.
I’m afraid you’re going to be highly disappointed with CJH because he does not have the same philosophy as you. He is not concerned with time of possession to help the defense. He wants to score as many points as quickly as possible. He also wants the defense to stop offenses on 3rd down to get off the field while at the same time trying to create turnovers. This may not always be successful. It’s always going to be easy to sit back and say if only we had held on to the ball longer then this would not have happened. I am so sick of that philosophy with Pruitt and Butch that I am going to enjoy the fireworks while we continue to get better players.

Based on?

Q2 was our downfall. We were ok in 2nd halves. 2nd half stats were just fine. Our 2nd quarters are what were inexplicable though.
That was our depth issues…. We rotated a lot of the back ups in the 2nd quarter to try and have guys fresh in the second half…. We didn’t rotate as much in the 2nd half.

I’m afraid you’re going to be highly disappointed with CJH because he does not have the same philosophy as you. He is not concerned with time of possession to help the defense. He wants to score as many points as quickly as possible. He also wants the defense to stop offenses on 3rd down to get off the field while at the same time trying to create turnovers. This may not always be successful. It’s always going to be easy to sit back and say if only we had held on to the ball longer then this would not have happened. I am so sick of that philosophy with Pruitt and Butch that I am going to enjoy the fireworks while we continue to get better players.
It does stress the defense but it also helps as well bc eventually it forces the opposing offense into a certain style of play to keep up.

People can continue to act like the offense is perfect if they want. THE WHOLE TEAM NEEDS IMPROVEMENT or 7-6 with a bunch of close closes will be a yearly thing
What did I see exactly?

Yeah. You did. And it fell way, way, way short of proving the non-sensical point you're trying to make.

Right. Because you posting a bunch of disconnected stats and making a declaration is all any of us should need for proof that you are right.

People can continue to act like the offense is perfect if they want.
You do know it is a dishonest tactic indicating that your position is weak when you exaggerate the other side's position, right? Who specifically declared that the offense was "perfect"? Who even said they had arrived and should just be satisfied with where they are? No one. And since that it true... it falsifies your entire post.

THE WHOLE TEAM NEEDS IMPROVEMENT or 7-6 with a bunch of close closes will be a yearly thing
That offense even with a D that couldn't stop a running QB or get off the field on 3rd down was a few plays from being a 10 win team. That's how close they were PRIMARILY because of the performance of the offense.

All have room to improve. The NECESSARY improvements right now are on D.

Exactly it comes down to 1 of 2 things are you going to try to beat them by scoring as many as you can or are you going to try and keep them from out scoring you by trying to slow the game down and play ball control?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Prized Edge Rusher Rico Walker Talks Vols

"It was always there, but it really has grown over time," Walker said of his relationship with the Tennessee staff. "He (Rodney Garner) is really like my uncle, for real. If he tells me he is going to keep me straight, then I know that he would take care of me if I were to go there. I love that man, really. Everything about him: even if he didn't have pedigree (of developing elite defensive linemen), I would still love him. Coach Ekeler is crazy, but Coach Ekeler is my dawg, too."

Prized Edge Rusher Rico Walker Talks Vols

"It was always there, but it really has grown over time," Walker said of his relationship with the Tennessee staff. "He (Rodney Garner) is really like my uncle, for real. If he tells me he is going to keep me straight, then I know that he would take care of me if I were to go there. I love that man, really. Everything about him: even if he didn't have pedigree (of developing elite defensive linemen), I would still love him. Coach Ekeler is crazy, but Coach Ekeler is my dawg, too."
Sounds good to me 🍊

VN Store

Back