‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

Looking at their states top ranked players, and it's incredible how many of them are picking UNC. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be rooting for them to fail this year to help break that up. Tennessee does well when it recruits NC well.

It's probably going to be UNC for Rico. But it would be an embarrassment of riches if we could get Rico to go with Herring and Bradley. Man that would be fun to watch.

Looking at their states top ranked players, and it's incredible how many of them are picking UNC. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be rooting for them to fail this year to help break that up. Tennessee does well when it recruits NC well.

It's probably going to be UNC for Rico. But it would be an embarrassment of riches if we could get Rico to go with Herring and Bradley. Man that would be fun to watch.
Mack Brown and Chizik are both 1 foot in the retirement home. They don't scare me at all going forward.

Yea hate Rico got fongged he must have committed to UNC on his OV. I think we press him to OV for the UF game and if we show out can flip him.

From ga Rivals:

Rico Walker is a native of the Tar Heel State that, at one point, both Georgia tight end coach Todd Hartley and former defensive coordinator and outside linebacker coach Dan Lanning were recruiting. Walker is a two-way star for Hickory High School in North Carolina.

Walker had an up-and-down relationship with Georgia through the transition from Lanning to Uzo-Diribe. It appears that communications have fallen off and the Rivals Futurecast lead for Walker is to stay in his home state and sign with Mack Brown and UNC.

From ga Rivals:

Rico Walker is a native of the Tar Heel State that, at one point, both Georgia tight end coach Todd Hartley and former defensive coordinator and outside linebacker coach Dan Lanning were recruiting. Walker is a two-way star for Hickory High School in North Carolina.

Walker had an up-and-down relationship with Georgia through the transition from Lanning to Uzo-Diribe. It appears that communications have fallen off and the Rivals Futurecast lead for Walker is to stay in his home state and sign with Mack Brown and UNC.
I get that you can never have enough pass rushers, but I won’t be remotely upset if we close with just Herring and Bradley

He's athletic, but not athletic enough to play ILB in this defense. Not even close. He's not as athletic as our other 2 edge guys we have committed.
Rico played WR during 7 on 7 this year.
You sure about that?

Rico played WR during 7 on 7 this year.
You sure about that?
I'm sure. I'm also sure I've seen his real game footage at tight end, and he wasn't a big down field threat in high school. I'm not saying he's not a tremendous athlete for his size. He's not athletic enough to play ILB in this defense.

I'm sure. I'm also sure I've seen his real game footage at tight end, and he wasn't a big down field threat in high school. I'm not saying he's not a tremendous athlete for his size. He's not athletic enough to play ILB in this defense.
So what does he project to?

VN Store

Back