NC OLB Raneiria Dillworth

I’ve always wondered why people care if a coach is overpaid.
We worry about other people’s moneys. On the VQ podcast, they were talking about how most of Rick Barnes incentives that get him to 5 mil doesn’t come from the university. Phil and the Pres got it from the boosters.

Des Kitchings is the way to go. He’s a helluva coach and recruiter. He would kill it for UT no only in NC, but SC, GA, FL, VA

What is it about him that makes you believe in him so? I'm not saying you're wrong, would just like your take. From my vantage point, he's last on the list that I've seen so far, but I have limited knowledge.

Reactions: jakez4ut
What is it about him that makes you believe in him so? I'm not saying you're wrong, would just like your take. From my vantage point, he's last on the list that I've seen so far, but I have limited knowledge.

griddie is about as tapped in to the Carolinas as anyone.

If you met him personally, he’s one heck of a guy, very intelligent and articulate, but very passionate about the game and his players on and off the field. He connects well with players and high school coaches. He’s from SC, went to Furman, and has deep roots there. Here in NC people love him. He was the reason NC State had such a great class two years ago. As a position coach the RBs excelled. And he’s also coached wr’s and special teams. As recruiting coordinator he’s also well know in VA, GA, FL, and highly regarded in all those states which are extremely important to us. He would kill it as a rb coach and a recruiter for us.

But I love Graham and Hardesty as well. They would do a great job and are Vols and from NC as well. So if it’s any of the 3 I’m happy.

If you met him personally, he’s one heck of a guy, very intelligent and articulate, but very passionate about the game and his players on and off the field. He connects well with players and high school coaches. He’s from SC, went to Furman, and has deep roots there. Here in NC people love him. He was the reason NC State had such a great class two years ago. As a position coach the RBs excelled. And he’s also coached wr’s and special teams. As recruiting coordinator he’s also well know in VA, GA, FL, and highly regarded in all those states which are extremely important to us. He would kill it as a rb coach and a recruiter for us.

But I love Graham and Hardesty as well. They would do a great job and are Vols and from NC as well. So if it’s any of the 3 I’m happy.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Would you be frustrated if it ended up being Osovet?

Dillworth ran a 4.49 40, broad jumped nearly 10 feet and registered a 35.8-inch vertical jump at the NC State camp last summer. He followed it up with a tremendous junior season tallying an incredible 198 tackles, including 22.5 for loss and five sacks, an interception and three forced fumbles.

“Everything really surprised me. When I got here, I was like, ‘Wow’ — everything,” said Dillworth, a three-star Class of 2021 linebacker from Glenn High School in Kernersville, N.C. “I really like this place.”

The 6-foot-2, 184-pound Dillworth said his visit for Tennessee’s first junior day of the year “was great,” and while he’s not ready to name any favorites among the more than 15 schools pursuing him, he hinted that the Vols already are high on his list. “I don’t want to say, but they’re in a good position,” said Dillworth. “I heard a lot about Tennessee (before the visit), but it even improved where they’re at in my recruiting,” he said. “It improved a lot.”

Dillworth said “the way the coaches were talking” will be his lasting takeaway from the Vols’ junior day. “I really enjoyed it today. It was real fun,” he said. “They actually went in-depth in the junior day and were telling me about, what can I do here? How can I impact it? And I really appreciate that. You can tell how good of a coach they are.”

Derrick Ansley, Tennessee’s defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, spent the most time with him among the Vols’ coaches while he was on campus. “He likes that I can play sideline to sideline and that I’m a great hitter, can really do a lot of stuff,” Dillworth said.

“They really want to see me at inside,” Dillworth said. “He told me weight is not a problem. I mean, when I grow, he said something about my hips are going to get wider and then I’m going to grow. They want to line me up against tight ends,” Dillworth said. “They want me to play in the box and in coverage.”

“I’m going to definitely be back here soon,” he said. “I don’t know when yet, but it’s going to happen.” Dillworth said he’s planning to visit N.C. State on Sunday, North Carolina on Jan. 25 and Alabama on Feb. 1 before traveling to Florida State in March.

Reactions: T Dog and scvolfan7
Tennessee has extended offers to several Class of 2021 prospects in North Carolina recently. One of the Vols’ newest targets from the Tar Heel State, three-star linebacker Raneiria Dillworth of Kernersville, N.C., visited Tennessee for the first time Saturday after getting an offer from the Vols a little more than a week earlier. Sources said Dillworth was thoroughly impressed with his first look at Tennessee, and the relatively small but athletic, versatile linebacker now views the Vols as a top contender. Virginia Tech is believed to be among the early favorites for the 6-foot-2, 184-pound Dillworth, with North Carolina and N.C. State, among others, also in the picture. But he’s already hoping to visit Tennessee again in the near future.

- Callahan

Reactions: EdEcEko77

VN Store

Back