'22 NC DT Travis Shaw (UNC commit)

Shaw has very nimble and quick feet for a guy his size. Very good pass blocker from what I saw. He just plain dominates the opposition here in NC and they play good quality teams. If he isn't a 5* now he will be before it's all said and done. IMO, he is as good at his position as Payton Page is at his position, who I also saw
Thanks for the follow up info

Maybe once the investigation is over. Agree to disagree.
Unfortunately with how the NCAA works the investigation won't be over for a while. We should do what AP has hinted at in previous podcasts where we tell the kids nothing is going to happen while you're here so you don't have to worry about it

Reactions: HalfullVol
Unfortunately with how the NCAA works the investigation won't be over for a while. We should do what AP has hinted at in previous podcasts where we tell the kids nothing is going to happen while you're here so you don't have to worry about it

Soooooo…. You’re saying to do what every player has complained about regarding every former coach we’ve had… I don’t think they respect liars.

Soooooo…. You’re saying to do what every player has complained about regarding every former coach we’ve had… I don’t think they respect liars.
Every coach lies a little and to be honest is it really a lie? The investigations at other schools from a while ago are still going on in the football and basketball part

so nothing. I'm as big a Rodney Garner fan as the next guy and know he is the 2nd best DL coach in the nation but we won't just get any DL lol
So we shouldn't try? I don't disagree with what your saying, just how you're saying it. Sure, it's unlikely we get this kid, but you act as if we shouldn't even try. As if it's not possible. You'll never get anyone if you don't shoot your shot. I'm sure our coaches talk to a lot of kids that end up going elsewhere, but it never hurts to build the relationship. Especially now, with the new transfer portal rules in effect.

So we shouldn't try? I don't disagree with what your saying, just how you're saying it. Sure, it's unlikely we get this kid, but you act as if we shouldn't even try. As if it's not possible. You'll never get anyone if you don't shoot your shot. I'm sure our coaches talk to a lot of kids that end up going elsewhere, but it never hurts to build the relationship. Especially now, with the new transfer portal rules in effect.
We haven't been in this one for a while. If we wanted to try to flip a highly rated recruit I would rather go after a guy like Dallan Hayden, Jordan James, and/or Isaiah Horton that we have always been in the race for with a legit shot. Shaw is an in-state recruit for UNC

We haven't been in this one for a while. If we wanted to try to flip a highly rated recruit I would rather go after a guy like Dallan Hayden, Jordan James, and/or Isaiah Horton that we have always been in the race for with a legit shot. Shaw is an in-state recruit for UNC
Yeah if Shaw were to flip it would be to Bama or Clemson, not Tennessee.

I don't know if Shaw will flip or not. However, I am anxious to see who coach RG ends up with when all is said and done.
I hope we can keep Garner here for a long time. Continuity to stabilize our program goes beyond just HC. I’d like to keep together a full staff for the foreseeable future. Heupel doesn’t seem to be the type to fire guys too often so I think it will be more about keeping other programs from taking guys.

What if we want a DL instead of skill position players our class has filled?

I hope we can keep Garner here for a long time. Continuity to stabilize our program goes beyond just HC. I’d like to keep together a full staff for the foreseeable future. Heupel doesn’t seem to be the type to fire guys too often so I think it will be more about keeping other programs from taking guys.
The guy sticks around…never been a nomad.

VN Store

Back