'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

Wonder why Rocker stepped down to a worse job?

South Carolina under Mushchamp is a train wreck.
I discounted the Hardy comments about Rocker but was obviously wrong. Thinking his recruiting has devolved to where he wasn’t even going through the paces. Pruitt can carry good coaches not pulling their weight recruiting imo but not when they start going into the negative relationship wise with recruits.

Last edited:
I discounted the Hardy comments about Rocker but was obviously wrong. Thinking his recruiting has devolved to where he wasn’t even going throiythe paces. Pruitt can carry good coaches not pulling their weight recruiting imo but not when they start going into the negative relationship wise with recruits.

Then he will continue to be a recruiting liability with SC. The plan is working.

Reactions: griddie and butchna
I don't think it was an unbelievable job. I think he did a good job and should be given credit but I think our expectations had gotten so low that we were stunned that our defense as a whole looked competent. Everyone at all levels looked improved. There was talent on the team at DL and they were solid. No one was dominant but we had a bunch of solid players.

The fact remains is he didn't want to put in the time to recruit hard. That is where I basically said he wanted to get paid in full to do part of his job. Funny how a lot of people have criticized other coaches over the years for this. Ultimately it cost him his job.
It was a pretty darn good job he did. Pre-season people saying that was the worst position group on the team and the only thing holding our defense back after losing 3 seniors from the year before and that inexperienced group after 2 games started being disruptive and doing their job.

It was a pretty darn good job he did. Pre-season people saying that was the worst position group on the team and the only thing holding our defense back after losing 3 seniors from the year before and that inexperienced group after 2 games started being disruptive and doing their job.
Rocker is a great position coach. Anyone that says differently is FOS. That being said there is a reason Ansley and Pruitt chose not to bring him back in the same position. He was such a liability as a recruiter that we chose to move on. Rocker took a job for essentially the same money with a coach with less stability right now.

Rocker is a great position coach. Anyone that says differently is FOS. That being said there is a reason Ansley and Pruitt chose not to bring him back in the same position. He was such a liability as a recruiter that we chose to move on. Rocker took a job for essentially the same money with a coach with less stability right now.
That is why anyone talks ish about Pruitt don't know their ahole from their elbrow. He is going to do What It Takes To Win Son.

That is why anyone talks ish about Pruitt don't know their ahole from their elbrow. He is going to do What It Takes To Win Son.
T Dog not gonna talk any ish about CJP at all. But I guess I am a big dummy; I know what my ahole is, but TD, I have no idea what my ELBROW is, what it does or where it is located.

I’m fairly certain the first thing Coach Brumbaugh did when he got the job was hit Page up on the Twitters and told him what’s what.

And @griddie hating on Rocker? Did not see that coming.

I’m fairly certain the first thing Coach Brumbaugh did when he got the job was hit Page up on the Twitters and told him what’s what.

And @griddie hating on Rocker? Did not see that coming.
Not hating on Rocker he’s a heck of a DL coach. But he was being paid big bucks and half of the equation is recruiting and he did a piss poor lazy job at it and that’s inexcusable. At least if you want your team to compete for titles

Not hating on Rocker he’s a heck of a DL coach. But he was being paid big bucks and half of the equation is recruiting and he did a piss poor lazy job at it and that’s inexcusable. At least if you want your team to compete for titles
Agreed 110%. Everyone I’ve heard of says the same. He’s just an older dude that doesn’t want to grind in recruiting and that’s exactly what you have to do nowadays. The game has changed in recruiting. It’s tough.

Reactions: griddie
Agreed 110%. Everyone I’ve heard of says the same. He’s just an older dude that doesn’t want to grind in recruiting and that’s exactly what you have to do nowadays. The game has changed in recruiting. It’s tough.
And I think 100% his son getting ready to get paid the huge bucks factored in. He doesn’t have to worry about money in the future and knows it. He’s ready to be put out to pasture and to live the high life going all over the country watching Major League Baseball. And who can blame him

And I think 100% his son getting ready to get paid the huge bucks factored in. He doesn’t have to worry about money in the future and knows it. He’s ready to be put out to pasture and to live the high life going all over the country watching Major League Baseball. And who can blame him
Which, if true, makes the golden parachute option at USCe an attractive one. Staff gets fired next year and he collects his contract buyout while traveling the country watching his son play baseball.

Which, if true, makes the golden parachute option at USCe an attractive one. Staff gets fired next year and he collects his contract buyout while traveling the country watching his son play baseball.
Likely his exact plan or hopeful plan, that is. Don’t blame him.

I discounted the Hardy comments about Rocker but was obviously wrong. Thinking his recruiting has devolved to where he wasn’t even going through the paces. Pruitt can carry good coaches not pulling their weight recruiting imo but not when they start going into the negative relationship wise with recruits.
Reminds me a bit of Dooley who also had a major recruiting flaw; wouldn’t visit schools if they didn’t have a top recruit that year. Sounds like Rocker wasn’t even trying. In his defense I think someone who was a really successful player struggles with recruiting. Conversely, many / most of the best coaches were not the best players, for the exact opposite reasons...

Reactions: joshb

VN Store

Back