'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

Glad Rocker is gone. Hope we can get back in with Page but right now it’s looking all Clemson
listening to the podcast today and it certainly seemed like the general consensus is that while it appears current players really liked Rocker...he didn't do much at all with recruits.

kinda one of those relationships you have to grown in to once you get here.

problem is.....you gotta get 'em here...seems that where he lacked big time.

the point they made about brumbaugh is that while he may not have super duper recruiting chops.....he won't impair the process like it seems Rocker did....so if nothing else, relationship issues with the position coach should be a thing of the past, a la Jay Hardy....

listening to the podcast today and it certainly seemed like the general consensus is that while it appears current players really liked Rocker...he didn't do much at all with recruits.

the point they made about brumbaugh is that while he may not have super duper recruiting chops.....he won't impair the process like it seems Rocker did....so if nothing else, relationship issues with the position coach should be a thing of the past, a la Jay Hardy....
Sometimes you need that platform before you gain “recruiting chops”. Pittman was no recruiting ace before he landed at UGA...spent decades building that rep as someone players loved. Same with Garner. Nobody before that Jamal Lewis class...now has tenure for as long as he wants to stay at Auburn. Larry Johnson for Ohio State...on and on. I really believed that Rocker could follow suit at UT. Seemed that players loved playing for him. Just never perfected that art of getting them there.

Sometimes you need that platform before you gain “recruiting chops”. Pittman was no recruiting ace before he landed at UGA...spent decades building that rep as someone players loved. Same with Garner. Nobody before that Jamal Lewis class...now has tenure for as long as he wants to stay at Auburn. Larry Johnson for Ohio State...on and on. I really believed that Rocker could follow suit at UT. Seemed that players loved playing for him. Just never perfected that art of getting them there.
yup. and it also seems brumbauh is a good developer too. so hopefully we get as close to the best of both worlds as we can get.

Hardy's relationship problem was Garner

Hardy's relationship problem was Garner
well, garner is his position coach at auburn now, and hardy went on record saying he wasn't happy with the lack of relationship with Rocker....so who knows? if rocker was more engaging from start to finish with him i'm betting he's a vol.

he wasn't, Garner was.......and it is what it is.

well, garner is his position coach at auburn now, and hardy went on record saying he wasn't happy with the lack of relationship with Rocker....so who knows? if rocker was more engaging from start to finish with him i'm betting he's a vol.

True, but hard to completely ignore Garner's reputation for being dirty.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
True, but hard to completely ignore Garner's reputation for being dirty.
Either way. Hardy didn't say Garner was dirty. He did say he wasn't happy with the status of his relationship with the position coach at TN

Agreed. Recruiting is a young man's game.

Well, there's that and the fact that Hardy lied a lot.

VN Store

Back