'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

“My dad told me about (the Tennessee offer) and I was really excited. I just tried to stay calm though,” Page said. “It was a real surprise for me. I didn’t know any of this was coming. I didn’t know what to say. I was in shock. My high school coach told me I have to get ready because more (offers) are coming and be humble.”

As a 6-foot-4, 290-pound freshman, Page recorded 40 tackles and 3.5 TFLs mainly playing as a 1-or 3-technique tackle for Dudley. “I play basketball, and that really helps with my footwork,” he said. I watch a lot of JJ Watt on YouTube and that helps me with my technique and moves”.

With his recruitment just getting started, Page has only visited Virginia Tech, NC State and North Carolina, but he’s planning on “definitely going to get up to Tennessee” in the future.

-VQ

We all know what he meant , of course you can earn blessings through hard work and dedication . It just sounds a little off when said that way .

First, he has a great first name.

Second, if he commits elsewhere, will we try to turn (the) Page? (When I say that, I don't mean move on, I mean turn him back to Tennessee).

Thank you for your time and attention.

Do you "earn" a father's blessing when asking for his daughter's hand in marriage?

What a slippery slope of a question (which immediately implies some are earned and some freely given). Have you experienced this as a dad? I am in this position now.

No. However, do you earn spiritual blessings through Christ when you obey Him and His commands?

Actually, I’m going to change my answer to the question of earning the blessing from a lady’s father to marry her. You do earn it. You earn it by your character, how you treat his daughter, the potential he sees in you that you will be able to fully take care of and support his daughter throughout your lives, the respect you have earned from him in multiple ways, etc. When you ask for his blessing and he grants you the blessing to ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage, he gave you that because you earned it and he trusts his daughter with you for the rest of your lives.

Actually, I’m going to change my answer to the question of earning the blessing from a lady’s father to marry her. You do earn it. You earn it by your character, how you treat his daughter, the potential he sees in you that you will be able to fully take care of and support his daughter throughout your lives, the respect you have earned from him in multiple ways, etc. When you ask for his blessing and he grants you the blessing to ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage, he gave you that because you earned it and he trusts his daughter with you for the rest of your lives.

We earn many more blessings as well as spiritual through obedience, that is confirmed.

Concerning the father daughter situation, well said.

4_8357319.jpg

6'3" 280lbs
Greensboro, NC
(Dudley)

247Sports
Rivals
Max Preps

[twitter]991859337680314369[/twitter]
We were his first offer two days ago and Texas A&M & UNC offered the following day.
Awesome player I hope Tennessee can land him:cool:

VN Store

Back