'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

It isn't that you're more likely to be injured against good teams. It that the SEC plays tough physical defense on most every play with most every team week after week. That takes its toll on a body.
One season should not be used to discount the toughness of the SEC compared to other conferences. The SEC has a reputation for being the best conference that let's you play against the toughest competition for a reason. And every year someone comes along to point to a thing or two to say it isn't true anymore.
Yes, Clemson would definitely suffer more losses in the SEC. And as stated before, it is unlikely that Dabo would have be kept as Clemson's coach after 2 or 3 years if he had been trying to build a team in the SEC. A lot of coaches that have been fired in the SEC would have been given more years if they had coached the same team in the ACC because their records would have been a whole lot better.

You and others bring up some good points. Of course, this is all speculation, but I think that if Clemson were dropped into the SEC 6 years ago, they’d still be dominant program. With a few more losses, but still dominant and likely with at least 1 NC.

That said, I think Tennessee can be built in a similar fashion...maybe not #1 classes each year like Bama, but consistent top 5-15 classes that over-perform because of superior talent eval. Because we have one of the best evaluators on the planet. And a great developer of talent.

Have to get TID now
Or Malone
If we miss on Page, then hopefully we can land both these guys. Maybe get in more on Leonard Taylor. With what we lose after this season, DL will be a big need. I know we already have a couple in the boat, but still need more IMO.

Put the recent Clemson in the SEC and they have as much chance to win either division as Alabama or UGA. They would do just fine here.

Reactions: de1conley
Put the recent Clemson in the SEC and they have as much chance to win either division as Alabama or UGA. They would do just fine here.
If they can make it through the season injury free. That's the whole argument. No one is saying Clemson isn't talented. The argument is they play in a cupcake league that doesn't grind you down week in and week out like the SEC does. It's all about adversity.

They would do just fine but the unbeaten seasons and cakewalk would not be there. The first maybe on occasion, the latter, definitely not. And let’s face it those easy wins were what has helped them take off. Numerous SEC would do the same if they switched places including UT

They would do just fine but the unbeaten seasons and cakewalk would not be there. The first maybe on occasion, the latter, definitely not. And let’s face it those easy wins were what has helped them take off. Numerous SEC would do the same if they switched places including UT
They would usually lose to a Syracuse or Pitt. Much more chance of that second loss in the SEC.

Would their path be more difficult than in the ACC? Yes.

Would they still most likely win the SEC East or West? Yes.

We like to make ourselves feel better by saying the SEC is more difficult and there’s enough evidence to suggest as much. However, trying to paint the picture that Clemson wouldn’t be a top tier team in the SEC is disingenuous. I’m not saying you are implying this but others are. Clemson would still likely win either division.

I agree though. If most SEC teams leaped to the ACC their path to success would be much easier.

Reactions: de1conley
Would their path be more difficult than in the ACC? Yes.

Would they still most likely win the SEC East or West? Yes.

We like to make ourselves feel better by saying the SEC is more difficult and there’s enough evidence to suggest as much. However, trying to paint the picture that Clemson wouldn’t be a top tier team in the SEC is disingenuous. I’m not saying you are implying this but others are. Clemson would still likely win either division.

I agree though. If most SEC teams leaped to the ACC their path to success would be much easier.
Your opinion is based solely on the Clemson we've seen in the post season. A healthy Clemson team that hasn't faced many tough games, and certainly hasn't faced SEC level defenses week in and week out. No one is saying Clemson couldn't succeed. But an SEC schedule would lead to the likelihood of more injuries. One or two key players hurt leads to the likelihood of more losses. A healthy Clemson is dominant, but a beat up Clemson, not as much. Could they still win a division in the SEC? They could, but it's not a lock like it is in the ACC. The dis here is more on the ACC than it is Clemson. Imagine Clemson with our schedule, having to face Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year. Then add in years where Auburn or LSU or even TAMU are on the schedule. Those would be true battles that they do not face in the ACC. The only real argument here is the wear and tear an SEC schedule has on a team, where teams are lucky to get through the season healthy. Clemson does not face that challenge in their conference. Especially with as bad as Florida State has become.

Looks like he's looking to make a commitment video. Pretty much CBs are old Clemson picks, but if there were a change we would probably see the flips soon.

Reactions: Ryno14
Looks like he's looking to make a commitment video. Pretty much CBs are old Clemson picks, but if there were a change we would probably see the flips soon.
We would see the flips the week of, or 1-2 days before. He’s not committing until July 28. I bet we dont hear much for at least another 2 weeks. Much from Page i mean. Hopefully we hear something from @Atlanta VOL 🤞🏻

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Not mentioned in the War Room with a commitment likely coming soon, anyone want to do the honors??

I know he's probably headed to Clemson, but I'd really love to get this kid. Add him and TID, and we have a solid DL haul. Just need a pass rusher like Khristian Zachary, or flip Price (since the staff seems high on him), and DL would be complete.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back