'22 NC DT Curtis Neal

Fields won two national titles and is a part of the Minnesota Vikings. But did nothing. And Osborne player for Butch Jones. Just saying

Rivals 250 defensive tackle

Curtis Neal is one of the top-prospects in the state of North Carolina. The 6-foot-1, 290-pound athlete was named to the all-state team as both a freshman and sophomore and is gearing up for his junior season this spring.

Tennessee is making the 2022 recruit a priority.

“I talk to coach [Jay] Graham just about every other week,” Neal told Volquest. “We are building that relationship. When I look at Tennessee, I believe I fit the defensive scheme. The Vols could factor in the decision down the road.”

UT was recruiting the William Amos Hough standout hard and then let up some this fall, according to Neal. Still, the Vols are making up for it now and don’t have any plans of backing off.

“They reached out to me about a week before I dropped my top-six and said they were going to be recruiting me hard,” Neal said of the Vols. “I wish they would have done it sooner and I thought they would have come hard on September 1, but they are coming on now.”

Part of the reason could be Tennessee being in-season or potentially the vacancy at the defensive line coaching spot. Nonetheless, Neal is intrigued with who the Vols bring in to coach that position.

“That would be my position coach and that bond has to be strong,” the Cornelius, NC native said. “Whoever it is, I’m hoping it’s a good recruiter and not just for me, but for other guys too. I never heard much from the previous defensive line coach.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back