SDE
6-5
CLASS OF 20
CHARLOTTE, NC
(PROVIDENCE DAY SCHOOL)

Jacolbe Cowan, Providence Day School, Strong-Side Defensive End

Rivals.com

Jacolbe Cowan - Hudl

New staff visited with Cowan this morning at his HS per VQ.

Last edited:
Hard to believe this kid was 15 last season. Harder to believe our last staff hadn’t already offered.

I didn’t put it in quotes.... just confirming our staff was there.

Prepare for an incredible close for ‘18 and ‘19 will be off the charts.

Reactions: 7 people
I didn’t put it in quotes.... just confirming our staff was there.

Prepare for an incredible close for ‘18 and ‘19 will be off the charts.

I put in the quotes as joke and I am prepared for the next few years. Gonna be good

[twitter]979486886992498691[/twitter]

Holy **** someone tailored Pruitt’s pants. 😮

Attachments

• 706B1434-E3AE-4D07-9F5E-65B1B2A5B728.jpg
    706B1434-E3AE-4D07-9F5E-65B1B2A5B728.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: 1 person
“The visit went great. It was just great overall. … I’ll definitely be making it back up, for sure.” Cowan’s visit with the Vols, he said, allowed him to “spend a lot of time” with Pruitt, defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer, who’s serving as his area recruiter for Tennessee.

“I got to chop it up with those guys, just talk football and things like that,” Cowan said. “Really, they just told me how they want to continue to build a relationship with me over these next two years in my recruitment and how they would love to have me back up on campus, and how they’re going to recruit me hard over these next two years and I’m a priority for them.”

“I got a lot of time to sit down and just talk with Coach Rocker, of course, and Coach Pruitt and (co-defensive coordinator Chris) Rumph and just chat with those guys,” Cowan said. “We talked about not only football, but things that I have to do every day just to continue to grind and do what I do on a daily basis.”“They told me I would just pretty much stay in my position,” Cowan said. “They run a 4-3 and a 3-4 — they switch it up, kind of like every other SEC defense — so I would still be a defensive end, and they told me that.”

“I’ll definitely be visiting Tennessee again, probably in the fall for a game,” he said. “Of course, the fan atmosphere is crazy, and then the game-day atmosphere is incredible, I heard. They said ‘Checker Neyland’ is really a sight to see, so I’m definitely looking forward to getting back up for a game.”

He admitted “a couple schools” have caught his attention to this point, although “I’m not going to say them right now.” But he added that he “probably won’t be committing until senior year.” “I’m really just taking things slow right now and just evaluating things,” Cowan said, “and seeing what I see different in each school and things that I like in each school.”

Cowan is good friends with Grant Williams and they talk “all the time”. His primary sport was basketball and Grant recruited him to Providence Day School.

Reactions: kmkemp11

VN Store

Back