‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

I doubt it. I don't think Banks will be fired anyway.

I don’t either. Just two weeks ago there were threads about how our defense has performed okay all things considered. If anything CWM was barring most of the animosity but that’s been a divisive topic since his last stint here.

Reactions: Tnfan41
My take on Banks is this.
1. He is playing with 1 arm tied behind his back. We have very little talent in D. We have no really great DBs or even average. When that may group can perform well (See UK) it changes the defense.
2. Before the USC cluster, they were averaging 22 per game. That’s great with this offense.
3. We have had change after Change. Do not just revert back. CWM has a really good record. He has some really good DBs coming along with some transfers too.

Last edited:
1. He is playing with 1 arm tied behind his back. He have very little talent in D. We have no really great DBs or even average. When they may group can perform well (See UK) it changes the defense.
2. Before the USC cluster, they were averaging 22 per game. That’s great with this offense.
3. We have had change after Change. Do not just revert back. CWM has a really good record. He has some really good DBs coming along with some transfers too.
We are getting new transfers this year?

1. He is playing with 1 arm tied behind his back. He have very little talent in D. We have no really great DBs or even average. When they may group can perform well (See UK) it changes the defense.
I think the issue is Martinez. I know I beat that horse to death but he’s already failed here and notoriously lost games due to coverages. See any of the Florida games during butch we should have won. The issue is banks called dropping into coverage and our dbs can’t cover. I know it’s more complex than this but when we’ve been slowed down, teams drop guys and take away the deep ball. I think banks should have brought more pressure once it was clear the plan wasn’t working but I don’t know that there has been more than a very few times I thought “ why are we lined up this way”. It’s always, why can’t our guys cover a receiver when we get carved up.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I’ll add to my post above that we torched bama and they have athletes and coaching. But that game was an exception not the trend. We have two constants in the Huepel era. 1. This offense is a monster most Saturdays. 2. We get picked apart in the secondary. Some nights it just goes against you at all ends. See the bama game for them and maybe South Carolina for us. But there is an alarming body of work that shows our secondary is underperforming

It's true but the inability to adjust or throw anything different at SC was baffling. TB still needs to prove he's capable of being a DC (and it's not impossible he can), just as much as the kids currently on the roster need to prove they can play the positions.

That said Daevin Hobbs is a massive step in the right direction for the defense.

VN Store

Back