‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

Today is the day !!!

giphy.gif

3. We have had change after Change. Do not just revert back.

I liked all of this but this part especially.

The past ~15 years have convinced me cycling coaches isn’t the answer. There’s no continuity for the players, for recruiting, for any of it. Let people have bad games and learn from them. We will know in 3 to 5 years whether the coaches can truly hack it.

The past ~15 years have convinced me cycling coaches isn’t the answer. There’s no continuity for the players, for recruiting, for any of it. Let people have bad games and learn from them. We will know in 3 to 5 years whether the coaches can truly hack it.
We truly need four years of stability on the staff for the sake of recruiting and building the roster to where it needs to be. The defense is going to get better just from talent alone. Banks has also spent a lot of his career as a co-dc, so maybe he gets better with more experience being the guy making the calls. If the defense still isn't good after four years, then you can make changes and hand a new DC the talent to get off the ground running.

Meh. Saban replaced both of his coordinators after his first year, went to Atlanta with two new coordinators and won it all the 3rd year. Replacing coaches isn’t the problem. It’s using poor judgement when you replace them. I’m certainly no expert but Banks seems like a Randy Sanders Defensive coach. Competent but not elite and probably not going to win a championship with him. If Heupel keeps him I’ll support him 100% but I’d like to see Tennessee swing for the fences for once. Even Butch went out and got what we thought was a HR, although it turned out that Shoop wasn’t the reason for the success of that team

Meh. Saban replaced both of his coordinators after his first year, went to Atlanta with two new coordinators and won it all the 3rd year. Replacing coaches isn’t the problem. It’s using poor judgement when you replace them. I’m certainly no expert but Banks seems like a Randy Sanders Defensive coach. Competent but not elite and probably not going to win a championship with him. If Heupel keeps him I’ll support him 100% but I’d like to see Tennessee swing for the fences for once. Even Butch went out and got what we thought was a HR, although it turned out that Shoop wasn’t the reason for the success of that team
Making staff changes like that is definitely trickier now than it was back then due to the transfer portal, immediate eligibility for transfers, and maybe even the early signing period. You have to make sure that staff changes don't push kids to transfer or recruits to jump ship.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Making staff changes like that is definitely trickier now than it was back then due to the transfer portal, immediate eligibility for transfers, and maybe even the early signing period. You have to make sure that staff changes don't push kids to transfer or recruits to jump ship.
Or if you’re truly hiring a really good one he would probably bring a few players or recruits on board with him.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Or if you’re truly hiring a really good one he would probably bring a few players or recruits on board with him.
All the good ones I've seen mentioned are at schools that don't attract top talent. Arnett at MSU and the guy at Illinois aren't bringing top recruits with them. The good DCs that could bring those type of recruits with them are probably already at a top program and have no reason to leave.

VN Store

Back