‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

You must be a pretty $hitty employee then. Most employers are willing to overlook a bad day, even an extremely bad one.

We’re in the bottom 10% in the country in pass defense. This isn’t one bad day at the office. Also that bad day probably cost us around 7 million dollars. Would your boss overlook that? Mine wouldn’t. This is a big boy game with big boy consequences.

I think the issue is Martinez. I know I beat that horse to death but he’s already failed here and notoriously lost games due to coverages. See any of the Florida games during butch we should have won. The issue is banks called dropping into coverage and our dbs can’t cover. I know it’s more complex than this but when we’ve been slowed down, teams drop guys and take away the deep ball. I think banks should have brought more pressure once it was clear the plan wasn’t working but I don’t know that there has been more than a very few times I thought “ why are we lined up this way”. It’s always, why can’t our guys cover a receiver when we get carved up.

He was also the DB coach when Foreman **** the bed on the catch In Athens. He got bailed out because Rico McGraw is an idiot and Jennings refused to lose. If our last two games weren’t on the road he might hold the amazing distinction of being fired after 3 different games at Neyland.

I'm not defending the coaching, but the players have to win some of those 1 on 1 battles. There just weren't many victories in any regard for our defense Saturday.
I have just been watching again..and that is not really totally accurate. They were getting held badly on several critical downs, and several times when they did break through, Rattler just perfectly hit somebody running wide ass open in between 3-4 dudes playing tiiddlywinks. He was getting it out quickly and coverage was just non-existent on a lot of recievers.

I have just been watching again..and that is not really totally accurate. They were getting held badly on several critical downs, and several times when they did break through, Rattler just perfectly hit somebody running wide ass open in between 3-4 dudes playing tiiddlywinks. He was getting it out quickly and coverage was just non-existent on a lot of recievers.
The middle of the field was open all night long. It was ridiculous, but Rattler was more accurate that night than throwing against air. It was the perfect storm.

You have to be able to break through holding and get their hands off of you…… we teach lineman to hold every single down.

You have to be able to break through holding and get their hands off of you…… we teach lineman to hold every single down.
I get that, but when guys are getting yanked completely around right in front of a ref...it is ridiculous. I've watched us to see if we are as bad as the worst offenders and we are not even close.

I wish they would start calling OL holding more...SC did not gave one holding call against them and they were visibly grabbing horribly on every play.

He was also the DB coach when Foreman **** the bed on the catch In Athens. He got bailed out because Rico McGraw is an idiot and Jennings refused to lose. If our last two games weren’t on the road he might hold the amazing distinction of being fired after 3 different games at Neyland.

Foremen was also responsible for the 2015 and 2017 Florida long passes at the end that got us beat. Abernathy may have also played a role in a the 2016 Georgia one and at least one of the two Florida disasters. There was no excuse for any of those 3 plays.

Foreman was also a very low rated 3* at 82…. We have our best db class in years…. Hope they make a difference.

My take on Banks is this.
1. He is playing with 1 arm tied behind his back. He have very little talent in D. We have no really great DBs or even average. When they may group can perform well (See UK) it changes the defense.
2. Before the USC cluster, they were averaging 22 per game. That’s great with this offense.
3. We have had change after Change. Do not just revert back. CWM has a really good record. He has some really good DBs coming along with some transfers too.
Thank you for this

VN Store

Back