'22 NC DE James Pearce (Tennessee signee)

Off topic but I was told you don't really need a degree in education in NC to teach. Still need a degree and licensed/certified though . Any truth to this? I can retire from the prison system at age 50 and was considering trying to teach somewhere. Were considering Tennessee or NC

I’ve worked with a lot of lateral entry teachers over the years and I feel like there’s more hires every year. I think (not certain) you have a two or three year grace period to get your certification. One of our new department hires just left radio broadcasting and teaches social studies now lol so you don’t need to be certified right away. There’s a process but it’s not difficult and with the increasing shortage of teachers it’ll only get easier.

Reactions: VOLNPA
Off topic but I was told you don't really need a degree in education in NC to teach. Still need a degree and licensed/certified though . Any truth to this? I can retire from the prison system at age 50 and was considering trying to teach somewhere. Were considering Tennessee or NC

Obviously I’m also originally from PA. My old man just retired from Lewisburg penitentiary a few years back. Whereabouts are you from?

Reactions: volnut1
I’ll chime in here. Definitely possible in Tennessee. You have a couple of options, the best for you would most likely be what’s called job embedded. Essentially a school will hire you under contract to teach a certain subject, and you will have a certain timeframe in which to complete all of the licensure requirements. I believe it’s about 2 to 3 years you’ll have to complete and pass your licensure exam. I’ll be glad to answer any questions or get you contact information if you’re interested.

Now Tennessee turns their pass rush recruiting efforts to James Pearce in an effort to get it across the finish line. Tennessee has been the leader with him all fall. Georgia continues to be in it too but his path to the field is far easier in Knoxville. He will be back in town during December for an official. In our opinion, Tennessee is in solid shape providing Pearce signs in December. If he waits then look for his recruitment to be a thrill a minute in January.

-VQ

Mike Ekeler, the Vols’ outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator, joined defensive coordinator Tim Banks in traveling to Charlotte, N.C., on Thursday to see Class of 2022 edge rusher James Pearce of Charlotte’s Julius L. Chambers High School.

Pearce attended three of Tennessee’s home games this season and has continued to give the Vols strong consideration, but he has discussed waiting until February to sign. His team will play in North Carolina’s Class 4A semifinals Friday night.

-Callahan

Isn’t this the guy with the grade issues that’s visited UT multiple times and nowhere else? If that’s the case I think if he doesn’t sign early we’ll likely move on and sign someone else. JMO.

He is the one with grade issues.

VN Store

Back