'22 NC DE James Pearce (Tennessee signee)

Due to the Covid season last year, and the huge number of kids that didn't take part in camps at up by the services, I distrust the ratings of the major services more than ever. Also, the mess that Pruitt left hasn't gone away. They could focus on the "best of the best" and land one or two kids, or they can put in the work and trust their own evaluations and fill the class.
I agree, ratings this year are going to be all over the place. A lot of adjustments and new ratings sure to come as kids recruiting heat up/cool off. Gotta go by legit offer lists this year above all else this year more than ever.

Disclaimer, not talking about this kid or any in particular I wouldn’t know what a good high school football player looked like of Trey Smith was standing right in front of me.

Its gonna be rough for a while. They are offering guys they hope to get. Almost all the recruits we offer don’t even have a Bama, Clemson or Ohio st offer. We are going to have to win and get past the investigation to get over the hump. RG is an awesome coach but don’t act like he is just offering the best of the best hidden gems. Most of these guys have offers from South Carolina, Vandy, UK and Coastal Carolina. Do you believe they have a recruiting guru also?

Last edited:
I do believe RG has proven himself as both an evaluator if talent and a coach. He isn’t trying to be a head coach like Pruitt did and failed. Why are some of you trying to confuse the two? Are you afraid to get your hopes up?
I mean you have to question the intelligence of anyone who doesn’t trust Garner

dang Braves down 0-2 to really really bad Marlins team.

cant get ESPN app to work long enough to watch Djokovic match or CFB.

Anybody got a Maryville score ? 😬

Can hear the most important part of the SHHS football game from the house, the Band. Its crazy to see half the stadium leave after the band plays.

App Walter Nolan's team is in town.

Its gonna be rough for a while. They are offering guys they hope to get. Almost all the recruits we offer don’t even have a Bama, Clemson or Ohio st offer. We are going to have to win and get past the investigation to get over the hump. RG is an awesome coach but don’t act like he is just offering the best of the best hidden gems. Most of these guys have offers from South Carolina, Vandy, UK and Coastal Carolina. Do you believe they have a recruiting guru also?

I’ll be the first to tell you I’d rather have a 3 star kid that gives 100% every down than a 5 star that takes plays off or gives 50%

Yeah, his defenses were average on their best day, and the secondary, Pruitt's alleged "specialty", was borderline awful.
You’d be bad too if your offense went 3 and out every drive and kept giving good field position to the other team with turnovers. They were good enough for us to win. The offense was so bad it dragged everything else down

You’d be bad too if your offense went 3 and out every drive and kept giving good field position to the other team with turnovers. They were good enough for us to win. The offense was so bad it dragged everything else down
Giving up 30 ppg is rarely "good enough to win" at any sort of significant level, but especially with an offense as inept as ours was in 2020 (as you noted).

Still, the most frustrating thing is that our defense was only, at best, average, after 3 years with a coach who was supposedly a defensive guru.

I mean you have to question the intelligence of anyone who doesn’t trust Garner

Good to see the old Bass (avi) back. lol I do like the direction we are headed. We already look better in two games than we did the last 4 years with Pruitt. Just hope we find a QB. I don't know if Bailey fits but sure would like to fine out.

Good to see the old Bass (avi) back. lol I do like the direction we are headed. We already look better in two games than we did the last 4 years with Pruitt. Just hope we find a QB. I don't know if Bailey fits but sure would like to fine out.
It's late. Let's go easy on the lol. Let's use the inside col.

I hope that isn't some sort of a defense of him.. The fact that he had to oversee so many different position coaches/coordinators speaks to how to poor he was as a head coach.
Not at all…. Just saying that he didn’t trust anybody to do their job which was part of the reason for him failing…. Hire good coaches….. let them do their job….. run the program and focus on what you are good at which is defense.

Reactions: cncchris33
Not at all…. Just saying that he didn’t trust anybody to do their job which was part of the reason for him failing…. Hire good coaches….. let them do their job….. run the program and focus on what you are good at which is defense.
Oh, good...and I totally agree. As you said, he hired a band of misfits, and then had to babysit their every move. Not a good recipe for a guy who had never been a head coach at any level, before. You have to be a CEO at this level. It isn't high school where you can micromanage every aspect of the game. He got in way over his head.

Reactions: volbeast33

VN Store

Back