'21 NC DE Isaac Washington

My guess is he didn't like the defensive line being called out publicly and mouthed off. If we are cutting people loose just because of job performance, then Will Friend would/should be at the top of the list. He has four 5 star players and they have looked horrible the last two weeks.
There was an altercation per a VN member last night who states they have some knowledge or an inside source. Happened at a scrimmage.

Thought that was refuted due to Brumbaugh not being at the scrimmage..
The original post and my response to him are gone or at least I’m unable to locate it. I guess the moderators deleted it so it appears you are right about there being no substance to it.
I replied to him along the lines about keeping the insider information coming.

Last edited:
So why’s are we the only school who apparently suffered from this? The teams we are playing don’t seem to have any issues.

Actually teams have been pretty inconsistent across the board - unless you’re uga/ua/clemson that is.

But my reply was to the comment that Pruitts recruits aren’t being developed. That ‘18 class was a wash for obv reasons. His first real class was ‘19 and they’re only sophomores and they had no offseason so kinda hard to judge their development no?

Actually teams have been pretty inconsistent across the board - unless you’re uga/ua/clemson that is.

But my reply was to the comment that Pruitts recruits aren’t being developed. That ‘18 class was a wash for obv reasons. His first real class was ‘19 and they’re only sophomores and they had no offseason so kinda hard to judge their development no?
That’s the thing about trying to reason with a brick wall. You can’t.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Not wanting to take sides in this, but we have to play two of the three teams you listed every year. To get to where we want to be, we have to become that level of consistency. It pains me to say it, but Pruitt doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he is the guy to get us there.

His stubbornness with JG infuriates me. I respected him last year when he grabbed that kid by the mask and ate his soul for that play at Bama and then benched him. And I understood why he felt he had to go back to him later in the season because of injuries. I just don't understand why this staff cannot develop QBs that they hand-picked and signed to overtake him. I know all about COVID and lost time and this and that, but Missouri developed a kid to replace their starter. South Carolina found a kid to replace their starter. Georgia has a walk-on at QB developed and playing ahead of 4* and 5* kids. All of that despite COVID, limited practice time, and other unforeseen issues at each school.

Pruitt, it would seem, is as much too loyal to some dead weight on his staff as he is to JG, and they are going to drag him down with the ship if he isn't careful. There is no reason our offensive line should get consistently whipped the way they do. 4* and 5* talent abounds across that unit, and inexperience isn't an excuse there. Morris and Wright may be sophomores, but they have the experience, born out of neccessity, of kids much older. Kennedy is a 6th year SR. Smith is a senior. Mays is a junior.

I really hope I'm wrong about CJP, but it seems like we've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well for the home team. I want Pruitt to succeed as much as anyone, but we hired a guy with zero head coaching experience, and that is starting to show thru the cracks at times.

I'm fine with some of the excuses actually being excuses, but I don't want to hear it from him in a canned press conference. I want him to tell us it all falls on him and he will see to it that everyone is held accountable and it will get fixed. That isn't what I heard following the game or in his presser, yesterday.

yup. outside Gray and HT who are legit....i think it's safe to say the majority of that class, while returning a lot of reps from their freshmen season, are still in developmen mode.....which is why last year's class and this were so important. these are supposed to be first of hopefully several "reload" classes that provide depth the next two years.......

anyway...yes, i agree with you....and i think the no off season really hurt our QB room bad.

I know all about COVID and lost time and this and that, but Missouri developed a kid to replace their starter. South Carolina found a kid to replace their starter. Georgia has a walk-on at QB developed and playing ahead of 4* and 5* kids. All of that despite COVID, limited practice time, and other unforeseen issues at each school.

Context.

Mizzou is the only one that supports your point. But even then, maybe Bazelak didn’t miss much time in camp due to Covid. So he was able to take more snaps to prepare.

UGA is on their 4th string QB. He’s only playing ahead of Mathis bc Mathis got the first shot and was horrendous. Also he’s a JR. And he’s not that good - he’s just surrounded by talent and an elite D that takes the pressure off of him (except when they play Bama apparently. Clemson and OSU would rock that D as well.)

South Carolina didn’t go “find a kid” off the street to replace their starter. Collin Hill literally has been running Mike Bobo’s (their new OC) offense for 4 years at Colorado St before following his HC to SC. Hill is by far the QB that is most familiar with that offense on their roster.

Context.

Mizzou is the only one that supports your point. But even then, maybe Bazelak didn’t miss much time in camp due to Covid. So he was able to take more snaps to prepare.

UGA is on their 4th string QB. He’s only playing ahead of Mathis bc Mathis got the first shot and was horrendous. Also he’s a JR. And he’s not that good - he’s just surrounded by talent and an elite D that takes the pressure off of him (except when they play Bama apparently. Clemson and OSU would rock that D as well.)

South Carolina didn’t go “find a kid” off the street to replace their starter. Collin Hill literally has been running Mike Bobo’s (their new OC) offense for 4 years at Colorado St before following his HC to SC. Hill is by far the QB that is most familiar with that offense on their roster.

I still think all those coaches of those teams would still at least try Bailey or Maurer by now if they were in our shoes.

Context.

Look, I realize you are going to carry water for this staff and their QB of choice. You've done it all year. That's fine. We disagree. I'm not calling the staff an abject failure. I'm just considering the possibility that this staff may be really limited on the offensive side of the ball instead of just blindly hoping they'll get it fixed. This isn't year one and I'm not rushing to conclusion or piling on.

You can excuse away all the examples I provided if you wish. It doesn't change the fact that all three of those teams found other options.

Mizzou yanked their starter at halftime of Game 2 and hasn't looked back. How much more of this same inconsistent QB play does our staff need to see before they try to find a spark elsewhere?

Collin Hill, he replaced the incumbent starter. I don't care where he came from or what his background was. The point is that USCe wasn't afraid to shake things up to start a better player. If you watch a Tennessee game, it would appear we have only one option. Whether that is true or it isn't, it is either an indictment of this staff's ability to adapt, or an indictment of their stubbornness to stick with what isn't working.

UGA is on their 4th option...so what??? And sure, Bennett isn't a world-beater, and they have talent surrounding Bennett that we can't match, but that isn't the issue. Surrounding talent didn't throw two pick-6s right into the belly of the defender last Saturday. Kirby Smart didn't stubbornly stick with an ineffective Dwan Mathis in a game they still won. He went to their 4th option, a walk-on. Also, it's funny how the narrative on their defense shifts like sand depending on how it needed justification. Last week it was, "That's the best defense in the country, best we'll see all year". Now it's, "Well, they're good, but they aren't elite...team X, Y, and Z would light them up".

Reactions: Kristy*
Look, I realize you are going to carry water for this staff and their QB of choice. You've done it all year. That's fine. We disagree. I'm not calling the staff an abject failure. I'm just considering the possibility that this staff may be really limited on the offensive side of the ball instead of just blindly hoping they'll get it fixed. This isn't year one and I'm not rushing to conclusion or piling on.

You can excuse away all the examples I provided if you wish. It doesn't change the fact that all three of those teams found other options.

Mizzou yanked their starter at halftime of Game 2 and hasn't looked back. How much more of this same inconsistent QB play does our staff need to see before they try to find a spark elsewhere?

Collin Hill, he replaced the incumbent starter. I don't care where he came from or what his background was. The point is that USCe wasn't afraid to shake things up to start a better player. If you watch a Tennessee game, it would appear we have only one option. Whether that is true or it isn't, it is either an indictment of this staff's ability to adapt, or an indictment of their stubbornness to stick with what isn't working.

UGA is on their 4th option...so what??? And sure, Bennett isn't a world-beater, and they have talent surrounding Bennett that we can't match, but that isn't the issue. Surrounding talent didn't throw two pick-6s right into the belly of the defender last Saturday. Kirby Smart didn't stubbornly stick with an ineffective Dwan Mathis in a game they still won. He went to their 4th option, a walk-on. Also, it's funny how the narrative on their defense shifts like sand depending on how it needed justification. Last week it was, "That's the best defense in the country, best we'll see all year". Now it's, "Well, they're good, but they aren't elite...team X, Y, and Z would light them up".

lol why is it when I provide what could be considered “the other side” of the argument that I’m carrying water for the staff and JG?

JG needs to see the bench, no doubt. I just don’t think they felt like any of the other QBs took the necessary reps to be prepared. The worst thing you could do for a kid is throw him out there when he’s not prepared. Hopefully that’s changing with BM and HB taking snaps in Sunday scrimmages. The staff clearly sees a need to get other players on the field so they’re attempting to help the other QBs catch up.

All I’m saying is they had a plan going into the season. That plan was dictated by outside circumstances. Whether or not you agree with the plan is one thing. But acting like the coaches are blind and don’t know football is ludicrous. You don’t think CJP knows what winning football looks like? Ok. Their plan didn’t work out - no arguing that - and they’re adjusting by trying to get the other QBs ready. That’s not carrying water for them, it’s just the current situation.

UGA is the best D we’ll face all year. It’s not crazy to say they’d shut down pretty much all offenses besides Bama, Clemson, OSU. I don’t think there is a D in the country slowing those teams down. Their D is really good. There are 3 teams, IMO, that can take advantage of any slight weakness. That’s it. 3 teams.

VN Store

Back