‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

I cannot fathom the Rodney Garner criticisms. He came back to UT in 2021. I recognize that maybe he doesn't deserve 100% credit for each of these recruits, but UT's DL class in his first full year back was Tyre West, James Pearce, Jr., Joshua Josephs, Jordan Phillips, and Jayson Jenkins. West, Pearce, and Josephs were unquestionably "blue chip recruits" and Phillips might qualify for that status too. Jenkins is a bit more of a project to be sure. Sure, there has been some disappointing decisions from some DL recruits so far, but we have Chandavian Bradley, Caleb Herring, Tyree Weathersby, Nathan Robinson, and Trevor Duncan committed and in it for Tavion Gadson and Daevin Hobbs. Plus, Garner frequently closes hard and pulls some surprises - see, for example, West last year. Sure, it would be better if Vic Burley, Hunter Osborne, Tomarrion Parker, etc., were also onboard, but no team ever gets everyone it wants and it is still early and time for Garner to work his magic.

I cannot fathom the Rodney Garner criticisms. He came back to UT in 2021. I recognize that maybe he doesn't deserve 100% credit for each of these recruits, but UT's DL class in his first full year back was Tyre West, James Pearce, Jr., Joshua Josephs, Jordan Phillips, and Jayson Jenkins. West, Pearce, and Josephs were unquestionably "blue chip recruits" and Phillips might qualify for that status too. Jenkins is a bit more of a project to be sure. Sure, there has been some disappointing decisions from some DL recruits so far, but we have Chandavian Bradley, Caleb Herring, Tyree Weathersby, Nathan Robinson, and Trevor Duncan committed and in it for Tavion Gadson and Daevin Hobbs. Plus, Garner frequently closes hard and pulls some surprises - see, for example, West last year. Sure, it would be better if Vic Burley, Hunter Osborne, Tomarrion Parker, etc., were also onboard, but no team ever gets everyone it wants and it is still early and time for Garner to work his magic.
We’ve got some morons, what can I say. Some of these posters are fresh out of diapers. One kid said Garner was never a great recruiter. The ignorance of some people on here is surprising to me. Garner has been an elite recruiter and Dline coach longer than some posters have been breathing.

We’ve got some MORANS, what can I say. Some of these posters are fresh out of diapers. One kid said Garner was never a great recruiter. The ignorance of some people on here is surprising to me. Garner has been an elite recruiter and Dline coach longer than some posters have been breathing.

Reposting for recognition of passion/emphasis and small spelling correction!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
From Rivals:

The recruitment of Daevin Hobbs is getting cloudier by the day, but I’m sticking with the Tar Heels for now. Alabama has been on Hobbs for a long time because of the relationship he built with Crimson Tide assistant coach Joe Cox, but Georgia picked up some momentum while he was on campus. The Tar Heels are also contending with Tennessee. The Vols were an early offer for Hobbs and the recruitment of his sister for the women’s basketball team could become more of a factor, too. He was supposed to announce his commitment earlier this week but delayed his decision and the longer his recruitment goes on the tougher this gets for UNC.

From Rivals:

The recruitment of Daevin Hobbs is getting cloudier by the day, but I’m sticking with the Tar Heels for now. Alabama has been on Hobbs for a long time because of the relationship he built with Crimson Tide assistant coach Joe Cox, but Georgia picked up some momentum while he was on campus. The Tar Heels are also contending with Tennessee. The Vols were an early offer for Hobbs and the recruitment of his sister for the women’s basketball team could become more of a factor, too. He was supposed to announce his commitment earlier this week but delayed his decision and the longer his recruitment goes on the tougher this gets for UNC.
Give this guy, Matthews, Elijah Davis, Aguirre, and Dickey the rest of our NIL money. However much money Spyre has left split it 5 ways and make it happen

One defensive lineman that is slowing things down is Daevin Hobbs. The North Carolina product visited Georgia and Alabama last week. Georgia offered and has entered the mix. He will visit Tennessee officially for the Florida game in September and then Alabama for the Iron Bowl in November. It certainly looks like things will go into December for him.
-VQ

From Rivals:

Shows how out of touch Rivals is. We were absolutely NOT an early offer, which is why we're not his leader. In fact, we offered after Bama.

Shows how out of touch Rivals is. We were absolutely NOT an early offer, which is why we're not his leader. In fact, we offered after Bama.
My understanding was that we DID offer early but then stopped communicating with him for a while

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Said on podcast today that he will be an inside guy, so full press for him since we really need a few quality guys for the inside of the DL. But he will not decide until December. Definitely a take for us and Florida but not sure on Bama and bulldogs. Hope he sees early playing time here for sure.

VN Store

Back