‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

I cannot fathom the Rodney Garner criticisms. He came back to UT in 2021. I recognize that maybe he doesn't deserve 100% credit for each of these recruits, but UT's DL class in his first full year back was Tyre West, James Pearce, Jr., Joshua Josephs, Jordan Phillips, and Jayson Jenkins. West, Pearce, and Josephs were unquestionably "blue chip recruits" and Phillips might qualify for that status too. Jenkins is a bit more of a project to be sure. Sure, there has been some disappointing decisions from some DL recruits so far, but we have Chandavian Bradley, Caleb Herring, Tyree Weathersby, Nathan Robinson, and Trevor Duncan committed and in it for Tavion Gadson and Daevin Hobbs. Plus, Garner frequently closes hard and pulls some surprises - see, for example, West last year. Sure, it would be better if Vic Burley, Hunter Osborne, Tomarrion Parker, etc., were also onboard, but no team ever gets everyone it wants and it is still early and time for Garner to work his magic.
Defensive line recruiting has definitely been upgraded compared to what Pruitt's staffs brought in.

Says who? It’s definitely that easy. Whether or not every player accepts that deal is another thing, but it is very easy to make each player a huge offer when we apparently have around 25M to spend
You’ve got 25m to spend this year to keep the whole roster intact. That’s not 25 million for just this recruiting class. You have to offer current players something bc you can bet someone else is.

Reactions: KptVFL and SugarCC
Says who? It’s definitely that easy. Whether or not every player accepts that deal is another thing, but it is very easy to make each player a huge offer when we apparently have around 25M to spend

How does anyone know how much money Spyre has to spend right now?

I thought it was 25 per class?
Per year but you have to worry about roster retention with the portal now. Kids need to be making money especially those on the roster that have proved themselves. It’s just not healthy for a freshman to come in and be making millions while your upperclassmen leaders are making pocket change. Hopefully that makes sense.

The quote was our goal was to raise 25mm this year. No one said how it would be allocated iirc.
I don’t think people understand that money is spread between your current roster and your incoming class. If you’re paying Nico close to 2 mil per year that’s a huge chunk going to one player. You got players like Byron Young, Hooker, etc that need to get paid as well. Remember Nico is paid 8% of your yearly budget for the next four years.

I don’t think people understand that money is spread between your current roster and your incoming class. If you’re paying Nico close to 2 mil per year that’s a huge chunk going to one player. You got players like Byron Young, Hooker, etc that need to get paid as well. Remember Nico is paid 8% of your yearly budget for the next four years.

Have you not looked at NFL roster's lately? 8% is the middle of the pack. The elite guys are 12-20% of their team's salary.

It's the right way to do it. Qb is the most important position on the field by far

Have you not looked at NFL roster's lately? 8% is the middle of the pack. The elite guys are 12-20% of their team's salary.

It's the right way to do it. Qb is the most important position on the field by far

Dude I’m not arguing against Nico getting the money far from it. It’s just apparently most on here have no idea how math works. They think you can throw 1 million per year at each recruit and be fine without thinking what happens next signing class or thought about how to pay players on the current team.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back