‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

Falling short on the big uglies this class so far.

But that's why recruiting season doesn't end till NSD. Garner will make up ground I suspect. Maybe even flip a big name hopefully. But it's time for us to win a big one at dt/sde.

he always does for sure

Pretty strong track record of that through the yrs including last yr.

My concern with this kid is he’s more an athlete than a football player. Primary love is basketball. We’ve seen a lot of that not work out for us in recent memory.

Albeit not this staff but still.

Reactions: MadWorld
Falling short on the big uglies this class so far.

But that's why recruiting season doesn't end till NSD. Garner will make up ground I suspect. Maybe even flip a big name hopefully. But it's time for us to win a big one at dt/sde.
I totally understand the frustration of missing on some of the "top ranked" DL but I also look at who we got and what they'll grow into in a college S&C program and im super pumped. Trevor Duncan &Nathan Robinson have the SEC size, speed, and agility to be dynamic once groomed.

My concern with this kid is he’s more an athlete than a football player. Primary love is basketball. We’ve seen a lot of that not work out for us in recent memory.

Albeit not this staff but still.

I recall from our past recruiting that beach volleyball skills translate well to the gridiron

Reactions: tn4elvis
I totally understand the frustration of missing on some of the "top ranked" DL but I also look at who we got and what they'll grow into in a college S&C program and im super pumped. Trevor Duncan &Nathan Robinson have the SEC size, speed, and agility to be dynamic once groomed.

***Mike Farrell has entered the chat***

Reactions: MarcoVol
In all seriousness, those 2 have 6 SEC offers combined and 2 of those are Vandy.

Not saying the potential may not be there, but those aren't often the guys that will help you compete amongst the top half of the SEC. The odds are against it is all.

In all seriousness, those 2 have 6 SEC offers combined and 2 of those are Vandy.

Not saying the potential may not be there, but those aren't often the guys that will help you compete amongst the top half of the SEC. The odds are against it is all.

Let's see what these guys and others offer lists are approaching signing day. May need some to step up and differentiate themselves from the others. Some may have been buried behind older talented guys and not earned their stars yet. Some may just be behind the development curve but closing ground. A year is a year. Firing all your bullets now might not be a good plan.

Talking to Clemson folks they are looking at Hobbs now. They said you are going to have to pull him from UNC…that his sister goes there (someone will have to check that)

I don’t think it’s necessary to be criticizing someone like Garner in July y’all. I am sure he thinks he will get the necessary players as usual especially after the ones he is coaching now show a big leap this fall.
I'm thinking he's going to have to go to JuCo to find some guys because for whatever reason, most of the top HS DL don't seem interested atm. It may be our lack of success the past decade. Hard to recruit against that when other schools are both succeeding and putting guys in the league. The chance to flip some guys may pop up later, but I'm not sure we can depend on that. A lot of kids seem intent on committing early this cycle and shutting things down.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
he always closes strong
Some people are natural recruiters and I don’t think he is one of them. Great coach but mediocre salesman. I don’t know any other way to explain putting close to 30 guys in the league and Not have them lining up to play for him.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Some people are natural recruiters and I don’t think he is one of them. Great coach but mediocre salesman. I don’t know any other way to explain putting close to 30 guys in the league and Not have them lining up to play for him.
Can't tell if serious. That was his entire M.O. at Auburn. Croot and close them at The Cabin. He brought in so many studs, he made many NFL guys. He always brought in talent.

VN Store

Back