'19 NC CB Tyus Fields (Tennessee signee)

Stay Classy Clemson!!! Keep in mind they are saying this things about a guy whose brother currently plays for them. Guess he was never a take for Clemson and overrated. 🙄
It's the standard we didn't want him anyway, which is expected. Fact is, they recruited him hard early on and wanted him but for some reason he didn't want to go there and told them so. So smartly they moved on awhile ago. Their loss, our gain.

Garcia — who covers the Southeast region for 247Sports — said he liked the explosiveness and versatility of Fields, the son of former NFL linebacker Mark Fields and the younger brother of current Clemson defensive back Mark Fields Jr. “This is an explosive football player, and I think football is kind of the operative phrase here,” Garcia said. “When you’re looking at a projection of a defensive back, you kind of want to put them in a bubble either at corner or safety, but I think this is just a defensive back. The good thing about that is he’s got the tools to play whatever the need is. I could see him potentially moving around at the next level.

“He’s certainly physical. That’s the first thing you notice. That explosion can translate with speed, and it does for Fields. He’s a returner, and he’s very good with the ball in his hands, but it really translates in short areas with explosion and physicality. I think that can help, obviously, at either defensive back position — as a safety coming downhill, kind of playing that enforcer role, or even as a corner affecting a route at the line of scrimmage, trailing a wide receiver, what have you. “That’s kind of his first strength that is very apparent on tape, and that’s something that really his family has kind of carried.”

Garcia, who also covered the recruitment of Fields’ older brother, said he “definitely” sees the family’s aggressive mentality in Tyus. “His older brother, I scouted him in person a bunch, and that was really his calling card, just being aggressive; sometimes overly aggressive, but you would always rather dial a guy back than kind of have to amp him up,” he said. “With Tyus, you see a lot of the raw tools. He’s not the biggest cat in the world at 5-10, 185 or so, and that’s not a concern, but it’s something to keep in mind when you talk about projecting a position. But this is a physical, dog-mentality type of kid that is simply a football player. You could put him in the box, you could put him deep, you could put him on the island, and he’s has enough tools to get by with his athleticism and physically and good ball skills and really good speed. “So, this is fun get for Tennessee.”

-John Garcia, 247 Southeast Analyst

-John Garcia, 247 Southeast Analyst

Love the position flex here. Really sounds like he could be a player moreso at NB/Star or safety than as a traditional boundry corner.

Also, regarding the Clemson fans who said they hadn't heard this kids name mentioned any.... that's probably because he was all Vol and has been for a while. Rumored to have been a silent. So the no talk of Tyus likely stemmed from disinterest from Fields side more than from Clemsons.

Weren’t there people on here just like two weeks ago saying he probably wasn’t good enough to be a take over our other options? Literally the same thing as what Clemson fans are saying. Only difference...he committed to us, so the narrative changed on our board lol.

Reactions: PA Vol
He's a definite take and high on the board but he's likely going to run out of a spot if he waits until the fall IMO. Seems like we are very close to landing our first few corners and I'd be surprised if we take more than 3 total.
Yeah he's a FS all the way IMO. Love his range on his clips. Big-time pull.
Really excited about this kid. As I stated pretty early on (I think in this thread) he’s been a vol for a while and this was always going to be a timing thing.

Loving the new look here too!

I try to go back and read through the threads of our commits. Here are some of the interesting quotes I found while reading. Also, Fields was never considered not a take... It appears as if he was option #2 or 3 behind Blades and Burrell. I think he has been a silent since April 30 or so, been waiting to announce at the cookout ever since.

Weren’t there people on here just like two weeks ago saying he probably wasn’t good enough to be a take over our other options? Literally the same thing as what Clemson fans are saying. Only difference...he committed to us, so the narrative changed on our board lol.
They were saying that he might lose his spot by procrastinating. I said I liked the taller guys. The staff has always had Blades, Burrell, and Fields at the top of their lists.

Really excited about this kid. As I stated pretty early on (I think in this thread) he’s been a vol for a while and this was always going to be a timing thing.

Loving the new look here too!
I try to go back and read through the threads of our commits. Here are some of the interesting quotes I found while reading. Also, Fields was never considered not a take... It appears as if he was option #2 or 3 behind Blades and Burrell. I think he has been a silent since April 30 or so, been waiting to announce at the cookout ever since.
But we dont have silents! 🤫😊

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Didn’t Pruitt say that Bama lost out on the Honey Badger because of being too rigid on recruiting profile as far as size and that he won’t make that mistake again?
If I remember correctly, you're absolutely right. I think he did say that in one of his early pressers

Love the position flex here. Really sounds like he could be a player moreso at NB/Star or safety than as a traditional boundry corner.

Also, regarding the Clemson fans who said they hadn't heard this kids name mentioned any.... that's probably because he was all Vol and has been for a while. Rumored to have been a silent. So the no talk of Tyus likely stemmed from disinterest from Fields side more than from Clemsons.

I can see him used all over different packages. I think he could be a nice Saftey with how physical he plays.

VN Store

Back