‘23 NC ATH Zack Myers (NC State commit)

Tons of new DB names in war room, what’s the word on Myers? Thought he was close to popping maybe?

Nothing new out there. Still in good shape, should be a take whenever he wants to commit. Not sure if he has given a timeline for committing but I’d think sometime in the summer although that is always very fluid with these kids.

Reactions: hooter vol
That’s 2 CBs and a Safety. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but weird to have guys of different positions on the same “board” hierarchy. Myers is a Safety.
I think they see a lot of positional versatility in most if not all these guys. No idea how their "board" is laid out.

Reactions: hooter vol
Feels down the board per AP

Don’t want to shade any kid as he seems like a good young man, but I know a couple local (Asheville) coaches and they have said he’s more of an ACC or even Appalachian St level DB in their opinion.

Lot of his highlights are against teams like Asheville School who are not good at football.

Don’t want to shade any kid as he seems like a good young man, but I know a couple local (Asheville) coaches and they have said he’s more of an ACC or even Appalachian St level DB in their opinion.

Lot of his highlights are against teams like Asheville School who are not good at football.

My guess is they're going to try and lock down Slaughter by July, which will give them 3 Safeties, then see where they're at with true CBs.

I assume the board has opened up a bit with the limits lifted.
It won't change much because you still have the hard cap of 85 on scholarship. Having several super seniors may help some towards signing more than 25, but I haven't broken down the roster numbers by class recently.

It won't change much because you still have the hard cap of 85 on scholarship. Having several super seniors may help some towards signing more than 25, but I haven't broken down the roster numbers by class recently.

Maybe a little. We're still approaching 85 as it is.

Factoring in the portal, early entrees potentially, and the super seniors I'd say the 85 won't be an issue either.

Reactions: lenoxvol
Factoring in the portal, early entrees potentially, and the super seniors I'd say the 85 won't be an issue either.
Not popular and obviously not something you want talked about... but in the future nudging guys into the portal when they don't move toward the potential you thought they had is going to be a necessity. It is worthy to note that most if not all of the players who have gone portal since Heupel took over have landed in lower level programs. He may not have told them he was pulling their scholarship or something that harsh... but it is very likely that heart to heart conversations about the player's potential were had.

Reactions: Ttucke11
More players will be told to go elsewhere.

Not popular and obviously not something you want talked about... but in the future nudging guys into the portal when they don't move toward the potential you thought they had is going to be a necessity. It is worthy to note that most if not all of the players who have gone portal since Heupel took over have landed in lower level programs. He may not have told them he was pulling their scholarship or something that harsh... but it is very likely that heart to heart conversations about the player's potential were had.
Yeah….. you have to weed out the guys not performing.

VN Store

Back