NBA Finals: Who Wins?

NBA Champ?

• Boston

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Golden State

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Simmons, who spends more time thinking about this than anyone (he wrote a whole book about it and updated it with a pod series), has Steph leap-frogging M Malone, Shaq, Hakeem, O, Durant, and West into the top 10. Still behind Kobe.

The best point anybody has made is that Steph just won a title with Andrew Wiggins as the 2nd best player.

Simmons, who spends more time thinking about this than anyone (he wrote a whole book about it and updated it with a pod series), has Steph leap-frogging M Malone, Shaq, Hakeem, O, Durant, and West into the top 10. Still behind Kobe.

Absolutely idiotic take from him thinking Steph is above the bolded but still having him behind Kobe.

Anybody that has Shaq above Kobe just needs to go see Shaq’s numbers from the 2000-2002 playoffs and Kobe’s 2008-2010 playoff numbers and then get back to me.

Steph top 15 is fine but having him over Hakeem and Shaq is lunacy

I don't get the Hakeem stuff. He is completely overrated by 1 incredible run. He only got out of the conference semis 3x. He was a great player for a long time but he just wasn't that relevant to what happened in the league.

I don't get the Hakeem stuff. He is completely overrated by 1 incredible run. He only got out of the conference semis 3x. He was a great player for a long time but he just wasn't that relevant to what happened in the league.

Edit: I double checked and he got out of the conference semis 4x, not 3x. Only got out of the first round 7x and it was not a west-heavy era. Steph won the west 6x and this is the only year where the west wasn't a buzzsaw.

Steph is 23-4 for his career in playoff series. Who has done anything like that? I'm sure Bill Russell has a more impressive number. Maybe Magic?

I don't think I seen Smart guard Curry hardly at all. He would have been better than Harford no doubt. Honestly I think the Heat and a even a healthy Philly would have had a good shot at beating GSW

Hakeem absolutely destroyed Shaq, who is in your top 10, in the Finals and really for about 10 years. Hakeem gets mad love from me, he is definitely top 15, imo

Hakeem absolutely destroyed Shaq, who is in your top 10, in the Finals and really for about 10 years. Hakeem gets mad love from me, he is definitely top 15, imo

First of all, head-to-head is a consideration in comparing two players. But it doesn't outweigh 4 titles vs. 2.

Second, he didn't destroy Shaq. Here is their finals:

Shaq = 28, 13, 6, and 3 shooting an incredible TS% of 0.606
Hakeem = 33, 12, 6, and 2 shooting a below-average TS% of 0.518

Rockets swept the series because Drexler, Horry, Elie, Cassell, and Jones shot the MFing lights out. Anderson and Scott couldn't hit anything, and Shaw wasn't that much better.

Here is their career h2h

Head to Head: Hakeem Olajuwon vs. Shaquille O'Neal | Stathead.com

Last edited:
First of all, head-to-head is a consideration in comparing two players. But it doesn't outweigh 4 titles vs. 2.

Second, he didn't destroy Shaq. Here is their finals:

Shaq = 28, 13, 6, and 3 shooting an incredible TS% of 0.606
Hakeem = 33, 12, 6, and 2 shooting a below-average TS% of 0.518

Rockets swept the series because Drexler, Horry, Elie, Cassell, and Jones shot the MFing lights out. Anderson and Scott couldn't hit anything, and Shaw wasn't that much better.

Here is their career h2h

Head to Head: Hakeem Olajuwon vs. Shaquille O'Neal | Stathead.com
If you watched the Rockets and Magic Finals live, Hakeem embarrassed Shaq on the offensive end. All I'm saying is : if Shaq is top 10, Hakeem should be at least top 15. Hakeem might have been even better in today's NBA if he was able to extend his shooting range, which going by his mid-range game, would not have been problem

VN Store

Back