Natty or Bust for UGA. No more excuses!!

I never let them forget that they lost to Sabans car wash attendant
Any UT can absolutely bring up 1980. Looking back there’s simply no excuse for them not to be trading titles with Saban.
It’s criminal what they’ve done with talent and still can’t put it together no matter the coach.
Their “savior” is no better than the man they ran out of town.

And they still don’t handle adversity well and will play dirty to win.

So F them!
You are actually being too kind when you say that there isn't any excuse for them to be trading titles with Saban because you limit their underachievement to just the last 10-15 years. You can go back way further than that.

The SEC's featured, dynastic program really should be Georgia, not Alabama. I don't mean over just the last 10-15 years, I mean as long as the SEC has existed. Georgia is in a better location for recruiting, is in a wealthier, higher population state, Athens is a much better city than Tuscaloosa, and UGA is a better school than UA is. If any SEC school is going to have 18 claimed national championships in their history, UGA is actually the school that is set up the best for it.

The only thing Georgia has been missing over the years is coaching, and arguably they have missed on coaching because the lack the commitment to winning that others schools in the conference have. And IMO, it affects their entire athletic department. UGA should be even better at football than they are, but that certainly isn't to say that they are bad at football because they are not. However, UGA on a near year in/year out basis should also have very good basketball and baseball teams. There is incredible basketball and baseball talent that comes out of the Atlanta metro, and UGA either doesn't develop it in those sports or other schools come in and get it.

You don't make fun of your friends fat wife when yours is fatter.

Well, I'd never make fun of anyone's wife, but I would certainly make fun of a friend's ugly dog even if I had the ugliest dog in creation.

It's the Gen McAuliffe approach. Surrounded, superior foe numerically, supplies running out, freezing weather. Offered terms of his surrender.

His reply? "Nuts"

(And no, I don't equate football with the Battle of the Bulge, but the sentiment stays the same)

Have a good day, brother!

UGA always seems to lose an unexpected game somewhere along the way. Sometimes it's like the 2017 National Championship game against Bama. Sometimes it's a bonehead call, like Kirby inserting Fields in punt formation on 4 and 11 and then...direct snapping to him in the 2018 SEC Championship. Other times it's just not showing up, such as against Auburn in 2017 and South Carolina in 2019.
Everything seems to be lining up for UGA heading into the 2021 season...and if I were a Dogs fan with their history, I would be very nervous. One loss (especially in the regular season) could torpedo Kirby's best team and bring in more doubters.
Sure wish it was the Vols that had a now or never option. Maybe someday.

You are actually being too kind when you say that there isn't any excuse for them to be trading titles with Saban because you limit their underachievement to just the last 10-15 years. You can go back way further than that.

The SEC's featured, dynastic program really should be Georgia, not Alabama. I don't mean over just the last 10-15 years, I mean as long as the SEC has existed. Georgia is in a better location for recruiting, is in a wealthier, higher population state, Athens is a much better city than Tuscaloosa, and UGA is a better school than UA is. If any SEC school is going to have 18 claimed national championships in their history, UGA is actually the school that is set up the best for it.

The only thing Georgia has been missing over the years is coaching, and arguably they have missed on coaching because the lack the commitment to winning that others schools in the conference have. And IMO, it affects their entire athletic department. UGA should be even better at football than they are, but that certainly isn't to say that they are bad at football because they are not. However, UGA on a near year in/year out basis should also have very good basketball and baseball teams. There is incredible basketball and baseball talent that comes out of the Atlanta metro, and UGA either doesn't develop it in those sports or other schools come in and get it.

Agreed, the talent bed alone should produce more than they’ve gotten over the years and it simply hasn’t.

As someone said before if Georgia ever got the right coach nobody would sniff a title.

I hope they fail. I hate Ga. but I respect that they’re willing to fight for it.

Kirbs don't have the mental capacity to pull that off. He started some ivy league jv quarterback last year over a USC transfer.

Not too bright...

I so agree with this! There were and have been so many times in the 90's that they should have dominated not only us and the football landscape but all sports. It seemed to me that until Richt arrived that they just were not sure they could beat that Orange. Similar to us and Spurrior.

The sheer volume of talent in "Hot"lanta alone is incredible! Now, the entire state of Texas lives and breathes football but they do not have the population density and characteristics which makes up Georgia, more specifically Atlanta and that area.

I don't know if Smart is their answer but they have tried. Richt was a good candidate coming from a Miami pedigree and successful OC for Florida State for years and he did turn it around. Donnan was a good choice for what he did at Marshall and, he actually did not do terrible at Georgia. I think Ray Goff was just a hope to keep the Dooley era alive.

I so agree with this! There were and have been so many times in the 90's that they should have dominated not only us and the football landscape but all sports. It seemed to me that until Richt arrived that they just were not sure they could beat that Orange. Similar to us and Spurrior.

The sheer volume of talent in "Hot"lanta alone is incredible! Now, the entire state of Texas lives and breathes football but they do not have the population density and characteristics which makes up Georgia, more specifically Atlanta and that area.

I don't know if Smart is their answer but they have tried. Richt was a good candidate coming from a Miami pedigree and successful OC for Florida State for years and he did turn it around. Donnan was a good choice for what he did at Marshall and, he actually did not do terrible at Georgia. I think Ray Goff was just a hope to keep the Dooley era alive.
I am not entirely sure why, but for whatever reason they have not been able to land the quality of coaching that some of their rivals have since Vince Dooley. During the Goff/Donnan era, Florida and Tennessee had better coaching. During the Richt era, LSU (under Saban), Florida (under Urban), and Alabama (under Saban) had better coaching. During the Kirby era, Alabama has better coaching. Goff and Donnan couldn't beat Florida or Tennessee. Richt had some success against Tennessee but had trouble beating Florida. Kirby hasn't beaten Saban (or Coach O, although I think Kirby is a better coach than Coach O).

Some folks are quick to point out the Jan Kemp situation, and I buy that as the reason Georgia didn't win another title under Dooley in the 80s. But it seems kind of crazy to still talk about that as a reason 35 years later.

Georgia has absolutely everything needed except a great coach. You'd think with all the resources and advantages they have they would have been able to attract one at some point. They've had really good coaches at various points, but not great coaches.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I am not entirely sure why, but for whatever reason they have not been able to land the quality of coaching that some of their rivals have since Vince Dooley. During the Goff/Donnan era, Florida and Tennessee had better coaching. During the Richt era, LSU (under Saban), Florida (under Urban), and Alabama (under Saban) had better coaching. During the Kirby era, Alabama has better coaching. Goff and Donnan couldn't beat Florida or Tennessee. Richt had some success against Tennessee but had trouble beating Florida. Kirby hasn't beaten Saban (or Coach O, although I think Kirby is a better coach than Coach O).

Some folks are quick to point out the Jan Kemp situation, and I buy that as the reason Georgia didn't win another title under Dooley in the 80s. But it seems kind of crazy to still talk about that as a reason 35 years later.

Georgia has absolutely everything needed except a great coach. You'd think with all the resources and advantages they have they would have been able to attract one at some point. They've had really good coaches at various points, but not great coaches.
I miss Ray Goof and Jim Donnan. I still see them in a little brother role because that’s how I saw them growing up. They still have Bama’s arrogance with Vandy’s trophy case.

I miss Ray Goof and Jim Donnan. I still see them in a little brother role because that’s how I saw them growing up. They still have Bama’s arrogance with Vandy’s trophy case.
IMO, the singular event that rocketed them back up in terms of arrogance was winning the Rose Bowl in the 2017 season and playing for the title. Even though they lost to Daddy Saban, they thought that gave them a spot at table with Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio St.

Even though losing a title game doesn't give you a spot at that table, and they have not been able to duplicate the 2017 since then, they still think they are right there at that table with those schools, for some reason.

IMO, the singular event that rocketed them back up in terms of arrogance was winning the Rose Bowl in the 2017 season and playing for the title. Even though they lost to Daddy Saban, they thought that gave them a spot at table with Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio St.

Even though losing a title game doesn't give you a spot at that table, and they have not been able to duplicate the 2017 since then, they still think they are right there at that table with those schools, for some reason.
I agree. Beating OU in that setting really allowed them to beat their chest some. In all honesty they should’ve won the title that season, but did what UGA does versus Bama. You would think that one of these days they’ll have to break through, just by the law of averages. I dread that day. They don’t belong in that upper echelon conversation with Bama, Ohio State and Clemson.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I agree. Beating OU in that setting really allowed them to beat their chest some. In all honesty they should’ve won the title that season, but did what UGA does versus Bama. You would think that one of these days they’ll have to break through, just by the law of averages. I dread that day. They don’t belong in that upper echelon conversation with Bama, Ohio State and Clemson.
Like I was saying earlier and earlier in the thread I really hope they don't get one. The team that we need least to win a title is absolutely Georgia. It has been forever since they won one and would create a bigger incremental impact than if, say, Florida won one. They are also the school we recruit the most against. And ultimately it would just confirm what their fans desperately want, which is a seat at the upper echelon table unless they pulled a 2020 LSU the next season.

Like I was saying earlier and earlier in the thread I really hope they don't get one. The team that we need least to win a title is absolutely Georgia. It has been forever since they won one and would create a bigger incremental impact than if, say, Florida won one. They are also the school we recruit the most against. And ultimately it would just confirm what their fans desperately want, which is a seat at the upper echelon table unless they pulled a 2020 LSU the next season.
I agree. People were appalled that I was cheering for Bama a few years ago against them because it was Bama. I strictly go for what I think is in OUR Best Interest. UGA winning a title is probably the worst thing that could happen to us for the reasons you listed .

Reactions: 05_never_again
I never let them forget that they lost to Sabans car wash attendant
Any UT can absolutely bring up 1980. Looking back there’s simply no excuse for them not to be trading titles with Saban.
It’s criminal what they’ve done with talent and still can’t put it together no matter the coach.
Their “savior” is no better than the man they ran out of town.

And they still don’t handle adversity well and will play dirty to win.

So F them!
Kirby is better than Richt.

SOOOOOOO this.

Alabama is the target, but georgia is way more fun to pick on. We could go 3 wins, and georgia might legit be one of them.

It stinks that Bama won, but good golly the sheer dagger through trash uga's heart makes it all worthwhile.

I haven't laughed at a play so much in years.

you had to go and do it........

Attachments

• STOKED.gif
    STOKED.gif
    5 MB · Views: 17

VN Store

Back