National media weighs in [face mask gate]

Pruitt will learn that you have to coach each kid differently. In college I was dragged from the hash mark to the sideline by the face mask. That was ok with my personality but with other players it would have been a big no no. The talking heads state that JG is a head case. If that is the case then Pruitt was way out of line in his coaching of JG. You have to coach a kid like that way differently.
For the other players who can’t handle it they can leave the game.Football is a gladiator sport. There is no room for weak-minded insecure players.

This is just public shaming and fake discipline. JG doesn't need to get humiliated like that. He knows he messed up and probably feels worse than anyone. It's not a substitute for the effective kind of discipline that would prevent this in the first place. Pruitt's reaction had nothing to do with discipline and everything to do with his temper. I'm not saying grabbing a facemask is completely out of bounds but this wasn't useful and reflects Pruitt's general lack of control.
Thank God we got a coach who gets pissed about bone head plays and wants to see our team be successful.... FOR SHAME !!!!!!!!

I think it was very useful. If jg ever gets in the game again, which I doubt he will, I bet he never changes the coaches play call again

And I'm saying that's also true if Pruitt doesn't react. The embarrassment of the play is far more punishment than Pruitt's fit.

I was hoping he was over that but Coach Pruitt just can't do that...not in this day and age and that's the way it is...truthfully, I felt like reaching through the TV to do the same thing...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!

Reactions: Thorp32
I was hoping he was over that but Coach Pruitt just can't do that...not in this day and age and that's the way it is...truthfully, I felt like reaching through the TV to do the same thing...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GAMECOCKS!
Good luck to Shrout.....our new #1. JG has checked out, BM out for a few games if the the year.

It's our culture now. Find a minor thing and provide a critical "hot take" on it. 10 years ago this would have been barely mentioned and probably have been 50/50 in reaction.

Best option is to ignore the chatter; they'll find some new outrage to fixate on within days (or hours).

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

What If it was my son ? Are you kidding me ? I’d expect him to take it just like I did when my coach had a hold of my mask “ explaining “ to me how badly I just screwed up and “ asking me politely “ not to ever do it again . Good lord people it’s football .

I dont know if this is new, the media has long been a bunch of pathetic, panty waisted crybabies. In WWII they got our best general (Patton) benched because he slapped a couple of guys around. We were without him for a year. The Germans assumed it was a trick since they knew nobody was that stupid. Many Nazi soldiers lived to fight on longer thanks to those media losers.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.
If that was my son, I would go down and kick my son's ass and jerk his helmet off and send him to the bench. Make a man out of him. You safe space whiners are whats wrong today. We need to warriors not wimps!

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.
I looked at as a font look away from me, or post attention moment. These folks probably don't believe in spanking their children either

No surprise. California is the Breakfast Cereal state. It's chock full of fruits, flakes and nuts.
So you would have had no problem with Maurer playing the whole game last night, right?

I HATE the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia, but they have this right. Little kids don't need to be playing full contact football.

If my son INTENTIONALLY took it upon himself to change the play... I would HOPE the coach would tear into his ass!!! I KNOW I would have. That was selfish, disrespectful and without any regard to his teammates! **** him!
We do snowflakes overreact to a millisecond grab at a facemask? The pussification of America continues.

So you would have had no problem with Maurer playing the whole game last night, right?

I HATE the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia, but they have this right. Little kids don't need to be playing full contact football.

Except that the bill affects middle and high school football players. The bill, and btw, the article was from 2014, limits full contract practices, but nevertheless, includes HS football in the state. I do agree with you about little kids though.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back