National media weighs in [face mask gate]

You play to win the game. If JG is still in the team next week he’d still give u the best shot to beat USCjr assuming BM is out.
I'm not in practice every day, but based on field time, I wholeheartedly disagree. JG's mind simply cannot keep up with the game.

Reactions: CB4VOLS
Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

BS. Pruitt is finally emotional and coaching hard. So is his staff. We were in a position to make it a one score game. Our defense was playing well. We had a chance to win. But JG blew it.

If Pruitt loses his job over that I’ll officially stop supporting the VOLS. After all we’ve endured no way I’d support that.

I’m not sold on this staff based on how we upped the season but this team is getting much better weekly.

My point was there was a MUCH better way to handle it. One that doesn’t lose you a player completely and sow doubts about your poise under fire.

Watch your QB go rogue and not only cost you 7 but 14 points. JG is a good kid but he makes poor decisions. That chewing was well deserved. He’s lucky his teammates didn’t give him worse on the bench.

I respect your point but past high school that was a 5 out of a 10. They will both have moved on while we still debate it endlessly here. Lol.

Reactions: Ostrich
$
Any lip readers here? What did Pruitt say before he tugged the face mask?

You play to win the game. If JG is still in the team next week he’d still give u the best shot to beat USCjr assuming BM is out.

The definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. READ THAT AGAIN. JG is not the answer going forward. This team is rebuilding and that is a long term situation.. not just the remainder of this season. Play the freshmen and build from there. The rest of the team seems to be improving so hopefully one of the freshmen can at least manage a game and NOT lose it for the team.

Reactions: vols-1
So the delivery of a message doesn’t matter to you? Has your daughter ever been berated and straight up embarrassed on national TV for trying to make a play? You can’t convince me there’s not a better way to handle that situation.

Multiple coaches have tried everything with JG to get him to focus for three solid years. He's just to dimwitted to pick it up...

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.
I clicked on this thread, thinking I would see how the national media was bashing the horrendous officiating...
GBO!!

BS. Pruitt is finally emotional and coaching hard. So is his staff. We were in a position to make it a one score game. Our defense was playing well. We had a chance to win. But JG blew it.

If Pruitt loses his job over that I’ll officially stop supporting the VOLS. After all we’ve endured no way I’d support that.

I’m not sold on this staff based on how we upped the season but this team is getting much better weekly.

Yeah, we are finally showing signs of being a respectable SEC team. No way he gets fired for that. National media will write about it, as they should, but nobody cares.

Reactions: -WillthaThrill-
Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.
If that was my son and he did what he did in such a critical situation and selfishly changed a play when you literally couldn’t run a sneak there with a pitch called then I would have no problem with it. It’s called tough love and it’s okay. It’s football and tugging a face mask to get his attention is not a big deal. We are so soft in 2019....

Please tell us you are out of blue font.

it was a love tug.....followed by get the heck out of my face....most recruits probably thought I wish I had it so easy....

Maybe we should play powder puff football and keep pacifiers in our pockets just in case a coach gets angry. My nation is going down the wussification craphole.

Reactions: wfd53
So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.
Surprised by the snowflake media’s reaction? I’m not.

Reactions: CA_Vol
How about standing on the field cursing him out for 60+ seconds on national tv, only point was to embarrass him further than what he already was. You win and lose as a team. How about addressing your center for being just absolutely blown up on that play, or your OC for not having everyone on the same page. JG screwed up, CJP should be upset, but he went over the top, and I would not be surprised if we only have 2 freshman qbs on the team come Monday.

This ain’t the first example of throwing kids under the bus either. What’d he say last year at halftime of Bama game?

I want a coach with passion but self control. Back your players no matter what. Recruits and their parents will notice.
Great post VolnVandy!!!!!

VN Store

Back