National media weighs in [face mask gate]

I would have run out of the stands, hugged my child, and consoled him after the attack.

Next, I would have found the coach and told him in no uncertain terms that he is to never lay a finger on little Jarett’s face mask again.

Finally, I would put him into counseling for the next year to help deal with the emotional aftermath of such a violent, unprovoked assault.
this is some of the funniest stuff I've every heard. Thank you vol nation and thank you pruitt for pulling us together

Reactions: SandyO
Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

This “situation” is the wussifacation of America this day and time.

BTW, I would have absolutely no problem with a coach getting my son’s attention in that situation.

I’d get his attention way more than any coach would!!

I would have run out of the stands, hugged my child, and consoled him after the attack.

Next, I would have found the coach and told him in no uncertain terms that he is to never lay a finger on little Jarett’s face mask again.

Finally, I would put him into counseling for the next year to help deal with the emotional aftermath of such a violent, unprovoked assault.
You forgot to add the safe space. I think there is a special tent on the sidelines for that.

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.

Apparently their fathers never had the spine to set them straight.

Lord knows my dad lit me up 100x worse multiple times. Guess what...I deserved it and survived.

The outrage culture is ridiculous. JG f’d up, got chewed, the end.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.
Would it have been different if he had pulled him by the jersey?

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.

Not that it would have changed my mind, but this helps cement the idea it was nothing.

I’ve seen Mullen, Saban, and Jimbo off the top of my head grab players by their face masks to get on their ass when they screw up. As long as he didn’t do a damn hulk smash with JG while he had him I don’t see the problem.

Was the kid physically hurt? No.
Was there potential for the kid to be physically hurt? No.
Then what’s the damn problem? His feelings hurt? I’m sure his team’s feeling were hurt by Bama taking his fumble and making the game into a blowout bc of his stupidity.

bunch of weak people, Pruitt is not getting fired. Never seen as many sensitive snowflakes in all my life. You would thought Pruitt shot him on national TV. Maybe you need to start watching synchronized swimming or chess. Pathetic

What??? If that was my son I would give Pruitt a high five and keep on doing that, gotta let coaches coach.. stop with the puss of society grow a set

If it was my son I would ask him what in the world was he thinking. He didn't even grab it.

What if he was my son? Good grief, do you think the Darrel Taylor 2-hand touch was a foul too? Football is a man's sport and sissies need not apply.

We would be proud to have a coach like him coach my son. It's abundantly clear you never played a competitive sport in you life. Your hot take is pathetic and laughable snowflake.

Reactions: tnvols72 and SandyO
I'm probably not gonna get any sleep tonight between worrying about JG’s feelings after getting his face mask grabbed for a second AND worrying if any OU male cheerleaders and the one girl are physically or emotionally harmed after the Sooner Schooner tipped over.

At least ESPN comforted me a little by reporting on their scroll for several hours that none of the OU folks appeared injured....

Last edited:

If it was my Son I would have tugged on it again when he got home!

The fact that this is even a thing, and even more so we have Tenn fans on here saying it’s a big deal is just about the dumbest thing ever.

Either some of our fans are the dumbest ever in the history of football or they are rival fans trolling on here just to rile ‘ish up. I can’t decide which is more pathetic....

VN Store

Back