National media attacking Vols for post game chomp

The best thing about this is that there will now be 20,000 chompers in the Tommy when the Gators take their beat-down next month.

Reactions: njvols
The best thing about this is that there will now be 20,000 chompers in the Tommy when the Gators take their beat-down next month.
Agreed, if anything, that upcoming rematch game just became more difficult for Florida, not Tennessee. Our fans will be ready to make that a miserable two hours for the Gators.

Whichever side does it, to me it’s like trash talking for the hearing impaired.

If it ups the Gators’ efforts when they come to Knoxville next month I am fine with that. They will still lose and I expect there will be a bit of chomping going on there too. But probably not from any of the Vols this time.

No doubt! I can see a big gator beat-down on that one. Speaking of which, I think our two home games this week will be big wins. Nothing for granted, but it doesn't look like our SOS in SEC is not going to help us vs ACC and Big 10 this year. UVA vs Duke Sat will be big, with Duke having UVA x 2, UNC x2, VT, etc, and Michigan has 2 vs Michigan State coming up. We need to just keep handling our stuff and we'll be fine!

Andy Katz & Seth Davis both criticized the post game actions by Vol players. Of course, neither were there or knew what was being said to the players, or saw the way the game was “called” (very pro-Florida).

Players have to respect the fact that fans don’t heckle teams that are 3-12. They heckle good teams and good players. That said, if Florida had won and UF players had done the chomp, it would have been a celebration, not classless. I don’t understand why one team is classless and another is celebration. If Florida can’t deal with the chomp when they lose, don’t do it when they win.

We need to trade in our VOLS had signal for the POWER T hand signal.... It has been around for years and is one of the more popular signals out there... it is easy to make by holding your hand with all fingers extended upward and then bending all but your middle finger..... now look at it from the top of your hand and you will see the inverted POWER T for sure.... I guess we should maybe point the finger down to get the the T upright....maybe the national press would support this response to the gator chomp thingy...... wish some techy type would add a shot of the properly executed POWER T to this post.... never thought it looked like a bird anyway....

What did he say about when he was that age?

I listened to it too.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth discussion with you over it. It was immature and most people over 17 understand that.

He basically said he would probably have done something stupid as well, what did you expect him to say?
Still doesn't make it okay and Barnes understands that. Whereas some fans think it's just fine, as long as it's "my team".

Roll into town, kick their ass, shake their hands and get on the bus.

Barnes said he addressed it and hopefully that's the last time we see that type of reaction.

I'm not going to get in a back and forth discussion with you over it. It was immature and most people over 17 understand that.

He basically said he would probably have done something stupid as well, what did you expect him to say?
Still doesn't make it okay and Barnes understands that. Whereas some fans think it's just fine, as long as it's "my team".

Roll into town, kick their ass, shake their hands and get on the bus.

Barnes said he addressed it and hopefully that's the last time we see that type of reaction.
You're free to feel how ever you want to about it. Just like I am.

Reactions: 9296potsguy
Andy Katz & Seth Davis both criticized the post game actions by Vol players. Of course, neither were there or knew what was being said to the players, or saw the way the game was “called” (very pro-Florida).

Players have to respect the fact that fans don’t heckle teams that are 3-12. They heckle good teams and good players. That said, if Florida had won and UF players had done the chomp, it would have been a celebration, not classless. I don’t understand why one team is classless and another is celebration. If Florida can’t deal with the chomp when they lose, don’t do it when they win.

So two guys = "national media"?
When I saw the post subject line, I thought we were being attacked in the NYT, the WashPo, the CBS Evening News, MSNBC, Faux News and HuffPost.
What a gross exaggeration.

We need to trade in our VOLS had signal for the POWER T hand signal.... It has been around for years and is one of the more popular signals out there... it is easy to make by holding your hand with all fingers extended upward and then bending all but your middle finger..... now look at it from the top of your hand and you will see the inverted POWER T for sure.... I guess we should maybe point the finger down to get the the T upright....maybe the national press would support this response to the gator chomp thingy...... wish some techy type would add a shot of the properly executed POWER T to this post.... never thought it looked like a bird anyway....
I didn't care for it but I wonder what Andy and Seth would have done if they were called what the guys on Vols bench were called.

So...if the lizzards had won and THEY did that stupid chomp motion...it would have been in poor taste too?

With the shady calls by the ref, they ought to be glad all they got was a chomp!

GBO!!!

Reactions: FlVols

VN Store

Back