National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

đź‘€ was I asleep when the United States declared war on someone?

Refineries are making a profit?!? How dare they! Unlike Wal-Mart, Coke, etc I thought refineries we're charitable organizations. Biden should get behind a microphone and say

#1 there's not a lot we can do right now. We have a labor shortage and we can't even get the wells we have turned back on

#2 I screwed up when I said we were ending fossil fuel. Yes, long term that is the goal to have a cleaner, heathier planet. In the interim, I'm going to work with oil companies to do whatever they need to increase capacity. But everyone needs to understand we can't build multimillion dollar refineries and rigs in days, months or even a couple years. Our short term focus will be working with the oil industry to find a way to turn back on the 40% of existing facilities that were functioning pre-covid.

But he won't because politicians are stupid.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Now they are saying due to Biden’s policies Biden has saved the American populace from paying higher gas prices?

Woooooooooo that is…….something.
If it wasn't so painful to the wallet, it is really almost comical when Presidents are put in this situation. Most of them have no clue about business cycles and are lost. I remember W Bush stammering around about energy traders and saying we're all going to drive on switchgrass juice.

We are asking companies to not make money? Wtf is that bimbo talking about?
This is what happens when we put people in positions solely for their bedroom habits and skin color.

Intelligent people with like bedroom habits and skin color ought to be outraged, because it's this **** that fuels resentment. When your "best" examples are morons that the political class tries to gaslight us into believing are geniuses, you can't blame the normal folks for lumping everyone into the same category.

I actually mean it in the spicy chicken. Their regular chicken is good but their spicy version is top shelf to me. My favorite chicken sandwich. While their nuggets are good I actually prefer McNuggets even though they’re not chunk chicken meat like CFA.
mix the zesty buffalo with some cfa sauce and then put it on that bad boy and it goes to another level.

This is what happens when we put people in positions solely for their bedroom habits and skin color.

Intelligent people with like bedroom habits and skin color ought to be outraged, because it's this **** that fuels resentment. When your "best" examples are morons that the political class tries to gaslight us into believing are geniuses, you can't blame the normal folks for lumping everyone into the same category.
Unfortunately I listened to that clip. The one word that stood out was “blunted” but I don’t think it applies to what she claimed as much as it does to how the whole Biden administration rates with the citizenry.

Need evidence that White House policies are affecting gas prices? Here you go:

ExxonMobil responded by saying that they have been in “regular contact with the administration” to remind them of the extraordinary efforts the company has made in investing in energy production, which they say are more “than any other company.”

“In the short term, the U.S. government could enact measures often used in emergencies following hurricanes or other supply disruptions — such as waivers of Jones Act provisions and some fuel specifications to increase supplies,” the company said. “Longer term, government can promote investment through clear and consistent policy that supports U.S. resource development, such as regular and predictable lease sales, as well as streamlined regulatory approval and support for infrastructure such as pipelines.”

Chevron slammed the administration in response to Biden’s letter, writing: “Unfortunately, what we have seen since January 2021 are policies that send a message that the Administration aims to impose obstacles to our industry delivering energy resources the world needs.”

Oil Companies Level Biden After He Threatens The Industry | The Daily Wire

Need evidence that White House policies are affecting gas prices? Here you go:

Oil Companies Level Biden After He Threatens The Industry | The Daily Wire
From article:
“In the short term, the U.S. government could enact measures often used in emergencies following hurricanes or other supply disruptions — such as waivers of Jones Act provisions and some fuel specifications to increase supplies,” the company said. “Longer term, government can promote investment through clear and consistent policy that supports U.S. resource development, such as regular and predictable lease sales, as well as streamlined regulatory approval and support for infrastructure such as pipelines.”

Chevron slammed the administration in response to Biden’s letter, writing: “Unfortunately, what we have seen since January 2021 are policies that send a message that the Administration aims to impose obstacles to our industry delivering energy resources the world needs.”

Ran across a surprising stat from the EIA this morning

Domestically, we're producing 2 mil more barrels of oil per day now than we were in 2017 & 2018 and we're not too far off 2019 levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Ran across a surprising stat from the EIA this morning

Domestically, we're producing 2 mil more barrels of oil per day now than we were in 2017 & 2018 and we're not too far off 2019 levels.

We are well below highs in late 2019 and early 2020, over a million barrels short

Didn't say it did. But that will probably be enough production to see lower prices fairly soon. I think there's signs that demand destruction could arrive this year.
Respectively disagree. I think as a recession sets in you are going to see tons of people feel pressure to return to the office. They don't want to be the one who gets the ax. Also OPEC disagrees

OPEC Foresees Brighter Second Half for Oil Demand, Economy

VN Store

Back