National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

The US is the World’s largest single consumer of oil. We are also one of the World’s largest producers. What we do in this nation has a major impact on World prices. If it costs more in the US to refine a gallon of gas then it will certainly cost more for oil to be shipped to other nations to be refined into fuel, which is precisely why we don’t need an administration hostile to fossil fuels. We also can’t expect OPEC to increase production which would lower their profits to save the Biden administration’s policies.

I am trying to pin down oil production by year. From what I see, maybe it is international producers that are more to blame. I cannot help but think that the Iranian nuclear deal has pissed off the non-Russian OPEC nations that won't fill the need.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
My mother had me late in life (early 40s). When she was in high school the prediction was there was about 30 years of oil left in the ground. When I was in 8th grade (Almost 40 years after her attending high school), our science book predicted about 30 years of oil remaining in the ground. It is now almost 40 years after I read that. Is oil finite? Probably. Can anyone predict when it will run out? No.
There’s probably enough oil and gas sitting under US lands to fuel us for another quarter millennia

I was asking why they can't burn waste oil, etc.?
IIRC @hog88 showed me where ships are not allowed to burn high sulphur diesel/oil anymore, they have to burn cleaner diesel, thus increasing the demand for more highly refined diesel even more.

Marine Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) For Ships - Properties, Challenges and Treatment Methods.

Sulphur:

Sulphur in the fuel is one of the main factors for sulphur oxide pollution from ships – a pollutant which is currently under major scrutiny. As per MARPOL, the current sulphur value for HFO are:

• 3.50% m/m on and after 1 January 2012
  • 0.50% m/m on and after 1 January 2020

IIRC @hog88 showed me where ships are not allowed to burn high sulphur diesel/oil anymore, they have to burn cleaner diesel, thus increasing the demand for more highly refined diesel even more.

Marine Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) For Ships - Properties, Challenges and Treatment Methods.

Sulphur:

Sulphur in the fuel is one of the main factors for sulphur oxide pollution from ships – a pollutant which is currently under major scrutiny. As per MARPOL, the current sulphur value for HFO are:

Thank you

Reactions: StarRaider

IMO 2020 – cutting sulphur oxide emissions

On 1 January 2020, a new limit on the sulphur content in the fuel oil used on board ships came into force, marking a significant milestone to improve air quality, preserve the environment and protect human health.
Known as “IMO 2020”, the rule limits the sulphur in the fuel oil used on board ships operating outside designated emission control areas to 0.50% m/m (mass by mass) - a significant reduction from the previous limit of 3.5%. Within specific designated emission control areas the limits were already stricter (0.10%). This new limit was made compulsory following an amendment to Annex VI of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL).

Sulphur:

It also ruined the used oil market. Lots of illegal dumping going on.

Man, I wish I had invested in oil companies. Record profits, record dividends. It's almost like they exist for their shareholders' interests over their customers. 🤔
Well, when you don’t have the expenses of purchasing leases and drilling in hopes of finding oil you’re bound to make more profit

That’s the one I posted about before but forgot to link it because all I could find was the whole 10 hour meeting . I have the same question as you do about the RR

Curious really..looks like UP is a Paris Agreement supporter.

Union Pacific Announces Climate Action Plan to Achieve Its GHG Emissions Reduction Targets and Commits to Net Zero Target

Looks like they are reducing fertilizer deliveries as well...hmmm

CF Industries: Union Pacific Curtails Fertilizer Shipments, Delaying Deliveries and Preventing New Rail Orders from Being Taken

The Department of Energy is forecasting a drop in diesel. Below is a graph comparing our actuals to their Short Term Energy Outlook. I will say they have historically ALWAYS been off. On average they are about $0.20 below actuals, so it is hard to put much faith in their projection.

1653657307153.png

The Department of Energy is forecasting a drop in diesel. Below is a graph comparing our actuals to their Short Term Energy Outlook. I will say they have historically ALWAYS been off. On average they are about $0.20 below actuals, so it is hard to put much faith in their projection.

View attachment 458531

Fuel use and price always go down during a recession.

While electric car drivers may not be immune from the rocketing price of wholesale energy - most notably gas, which in turn dictates the cost of electricity - there's no doubt that charging an electric vehicle still represents excellent value for money compared to filling up a petrol or diesel car," RAC fuel spokesman Simon Williams told the BBC.

How is there truth to this?

Reactions: AM64 and tbwhhs
While electric car drivers may not be immune from the rocketing price of wholesale energy - most notably gas, which in turn dictates the cost of electricity - there's no doubt that charging an electric vehicle still represents excellent value for money compared to filling up a petrol or diesel car," RAC fuel spokesman Simon Williams told the BBC.

How is there truth to this?
just liberal truth

VN Store

Back