National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

How do you get from those comments that he is "praising" high gas prices? Ridiculous claim by Fox and by you.

And here's the thing, you are an absolute imbecile if you cannot see, or are unwilling to admit, that he's absolutely right. Fossil fuels by definition are a finite fuel source. We are transitioning - we have no choice. See e.g. EVs, advances in solar, etc. Your argument that he's hastening that for some grandiose plan of switching to other fuels is just moronic. But that is what you and Fox are implying.
Aren't you a feisty little name caller. The headline says seems to praise. Forcing people to purchase something they obviously cannot afford is wrong .

Name calling is weak sauce but you do you.

Reactions: AM64
Keystone wasn't made to transport crude; it was made to transport tar sands. Tar sands can't be refined into fuel. It was going to be transported to China to be refined into mechanical lubricant.

Pipeline construction often requires use of imminent domain seizure of personal property. Are you telling me you're against person property rights?

That is not true, who told you that?

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I'm not exactly sure how it effects price at pump but I understand why the difference between pump price and barrel price.

I don't either. I was genuinely asking why this might be to gain info. Seems weird there are record profits and record prices at the pump when barrel prices aren't at record prices.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
My mother had me late in life (early 40s). When she was in high school the prediction was there was about 30 years of oil left in the ground. When I was in 8th grade (Almost 40 years after her attending high school), our science book predicted about 30 years of oil remaining in the ground. It is now almost 40 years after I read that. Is oil finite? Probably. Can anyone predict when it will run out? No.

I’d say no one can predict when we will run out but I’d guess a good guess can be made if we have 50 or 100 years worth. I’d say the answer to both of those is yes.

Reactions: McDad
Gas companies are charging more because the current administration is opposed to fossil fuels through its policies. They have no choice but to charge more due to higher regulatory costs. Everyone can pretend that it doesn’t really matter who is in office as a justification of their vote but that isn’t reality. We will revisit this thread when Cocoon is out of office

I don't either. I was genuinely asking why this might be to gain info. Seems weird there are record profits and record prices at the pump when barrel prices aren't at record prices.
tell ya what else doesn't make sense. mcrib gets a very small gas royalty check from an oil find on her grandfather's farm in Louisiana. Her check doesn't change at all no matter how prices at the pump fluctuate.

That is not true, who told you that?

Morphed memory. I just went been and looked deeply into tar sands extraction and refinement to refresh my knowledge.

From what I just read, tar sands require a special refinement process that is only found at a handful of Canadian and American refineries. Every gallon of reclaimed bitumen requires almost six gallons of fresh water for extraction and transport and creates more waste due to the contaminants that have to be extracted and discarded (sand, organic solids, etc.)

Eighty nine families dug in their heels against the TC Corporation's attempts to use imminent domain laws to seize generational farmland after operational portions of the pipeline were found to have leaking and spillage issues that affected non-seized farmland surrounding the pipeline.

Gas companies are charging more because the current administration is opposed to fossil fuels through its policies. They have no choice but to charge more due to higher regulatory costs. Everyone can pretend that it doesn’t really matter who is in office as a justification of their vote but that isn’t reality. We will revisit this thread when Cocoon is out of office

So they're punishing the entire planet because of one man. Wow. He's the most powerful president ever!

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan

I’m not certain but I suspect it has to do with how much of that oil is being used for gasoline. That barrel of oil can also be used to make other things like resins, jet fuel, and diésel.

I’m not certain but I suspect it has to do with how much of that oil is being used for gasoline. That barrel of oil can also be used to make other things like resins, jet fuel, and diésel.

A lot of crude is now being refined into marine diesel since IMO 2020 kicked in and most ocean going cargo ships can no longer burn waste/used oil or 6 oil.

If it's a demand issue, why aren't prices spiking on the barrel? We are paying significantly more at the pump than a decade ago when prices were at record prices. Corp greed and monopolies more to blame?

It’s very hard to get containers right now. Demand is very high. Supply chain still hasn’t caught up from COVID. And a lot to idling ships in the ports would be my guess.

I was asking why they can't burn waste oil, etc.?

The US is the World’s largest single consumer of oil. We are also one of the World’s largest producers. What we do in this nation has a major impact on World prices. If it costs more in the US to refine a gallon of gas then it will certainly cost more for oil to be shipped to other nations to be refined into fuel, which is precisely why we don’t need an administration hostile to fossil fuels. We also can’t expect OPEC to increase production which would lower their profits to save the Biden administration’s policies.

VN Store

Back