Nat’l Championship Thread

Unfortunately TN did 14 years ago.

Pat had dementia, and the uncertainty of her well being, and being a coach was a stigma that stuck with players signing with us. If Pat didn’t get dementia, I do believe TN would’ve had more championships. Coach Kelley making noise though, and she’s working on it.

That defensive job by SC was something else. Paige probably never had to work as hard for her points as she did tonight.

Who thought that the best player of the night wouldn't be Boston or Bueckers, but Henny. She was exceptional on both offense and defense equally.

So what happens in the off season:

USCjr needs to figure out life outside of Boston with Lady Vols & LSU sneaking up.
Conn still needs to find a real conference.
These refs need to go to summer school to learn what a tie up is.

ESPN needs to do a better job of pushing Conn in the off season.

Don't care for South Carolina, but hard not to like Boston. Good for her!!
EW no title warms my heart.
What a dominate win for SC!
I don't care cause uconn lost but Boston winning all the awards and now putting champ on her name I love it cause I love greatness and she is an all time great of women's college basketball now

I tried to tell some of yall.....The only team that could have stuck with South Carolina was Stanford....UCONN stood no chance

But Stanford lost! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Stanford will be tough next year. They practically return almost all their starters, majority at least, and have that big 6 foot 7 post player.

Reactions: Remy
Congratulations to the South Carolina fans who post here. This is well-deserved. Watching UConn lose will never get old.

SC outrebounded UConn 49-24 tonight. That's how Pat's best teams would have done it.

They didn't shoot well, but they didn't have to with the way they were dominating the boards. And this is after UConn whipped Stanford on the glass in the semis.

UConn's undefeated finals streak comes to an end. Surprisingly, the best freshman tonight was Ducharme, not Fudd.

VN Store

Back