NASCAR NXT

thehardknoxlife

Anyone excited for the new Nascar game? I think they finally goIt a team that will make the best game since NR2003.nascar-rfactor2.jpg
Confirmed screenshot.

It's been worked on by Studio 397 for the past two years. If anyone has played RFactor 2 (arguably the best sim racing game) you know how good their games feel. Best tire model of any game (worlds better than iRacing). This will be a true sim. I really hope they get the online right and ultimately could be a game changer with VR support and the new psvr2.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I’ve read what you mentioned, hopefully being more of a sim. I used to love playing the old Papyrus games but haven’t gotten into iRacing.

Heat is fun at times but way too arcadey.

I used to love NASCAR games, but I got bored of the driving around in a circle forever. Especially when games like Forza and Gran Turismo offer so much more variety. Hopefully this sim aspect brings me back into it

Haven't played a Nascar game in a very long time. Back in the day I loved the old Sierra Nascar game on PC!

Reactions: NEO
Never say never, but I can't see anything ever topping NR2003. Best NASCAR game even now.
There are games that are worlds better than NR2003, they just aren't NASCAR. I was an avid player in NR2003, but let's be real. It would not be that hard to top a 20yr old game. There just hasn't been a SIM NASCAR game since that series (aside from iRacing which costs boatloads to play fully) so you still have that feeling of best ever. I'm not sure the last time you played it but it definitely shows it's age in appearance and feeling.

I honestly believe this game will be pretty huge. The VR alone (I assume it will have support since VR is becoming huge) is going to draw a ton of attention, especially to people that have never used it. Racing game VR is the best first time experience for most people. It's probably as good time to buy stock in Motorsport Games. I could be wrong but I just have a feeling, especially after the tremendous surge of sim racing after NASCAR aired the pandemic races where real drivers played iRacing. I personally know around 6 people who got into iRacing after that. One young guy ended up being really good at it and won over $30k last year lol.

There are games that are worlds better than NR2003, they just aren't NASCAR. I was an avid player in NR2003, but let's be real. It would not be that hard to top a 20yr old game. There just hasn't been a SIM NASCAR game since that series (aside from iRacing which costs boatloads to play fully) so you still have that feeling of best ever. I'm not sure the last time you played it but it definitely shows it's age in appearance and feeling.

I honestly believe this game will be pretty huge. The VR alone (I assume it will have support since VR is becoming huge) is going to draw a ton of attention, especially to people that have never used it. Racing game VR is the best first time experience for most people. It's probably as good time to buy stock in Motorsport Games. I could be wrong but I just have a feeling, especially after the tremendous surge of sim racing after NASCAR aired the pandemic races where real drivers played iRacing. I personally know around 6 people who got into iRacing after that. One young guy ended up being really good at it and won over $30k last year lol.
I got back in to nascar during the pandemic when nothing else was on. I've played heat but its too arcadey to me. Looking forward to this one.

Haven't played a Nascar game in a very long time. Back in the day I loved the old Sierra Nascar game on PC!
Sierra was just the publisher. Papyrus was the developer. NR2003 is the game you're referring to (NASCAR Racing 2003 Season).

Last edited:

I considered buying stock in iRacing last year right as the lockdown was about to start up. It wasn't a week later that NASCAR put the Pro Invitational Series on with FOX and FS1 throughout the week.

VN Store

Back