Narratives to stop now

Check this out. A friend of mine went to the game and he caught this moment with Admiral. I heard the announcers say he went into the crowd and apparently his dad had surprised him by attending the game.

Attachments

• 65E3F5D2-B1C6-40E4-93A7-9917D631F80D.jpeg
    65E3F5D2-B1C6-40E4-93A7-9917D631F80D.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 44
That something is wrong with Schofield.

That we can’t win the big games.

That we can’t beat the best teams.

That we can’t finish. We were losing most of that second half.

I’m sure there are more but I’m too excited to stop and think. Hell of a win!!!!!
Well to be fair Schofield was in a shooting slump but he is a hard worker and fixed like I knew he would.

Are we in the Final Four already?? Barnes just beat #1 for his first time EVER. its a GREAT win, but dont get stupid. Pressure is on now. No SEC title and everyone is bitching about underachieving. Lets just enjoy the win for what it is... a great win on a neutral floor. This win doesnt add to the trophy case.

Are we in the Final Four already?? Barnes just beat #1 for his first time EVER. its a GREAT win, but dont get stupid. Pressure is on now. No SEC title and everyone is bitching about underachieving. Lets just enjoy the win for what it is... a great win on a neutral floor. This win doesnt add to the trophy case.
Exactly. It's a tournament sport.

Perfect result IMO. Hard fought win with a key player sitting out the game. Bone starts out 1-13 and doesn't give up. Last 2 or 3 minutes without Williams. I think this was how we want to beat #1 this early in the season rather than blowing them off the court. There are still lots of areas to get better at.

Virginia was a #1 seed in the 2018 SECT and was bounced in the first game. Everything that TN does all year is to set up a successful NCAAT run. I'll be very happy even if it's just an EE. An SEC or SECT championship would be awesome as well.

A game at a time. The Memphis Pennies are up next.

Reactions: jeff1vol
He played 2 games last year and sat for the rest of the season apparently to get a 5th year of eligibility. He's been injured this entire season. He's being allowed to recover. They aren't sitting him down because he's been given up on. It's better to have him at full speed down the home stretch rather than have his knee stay banged up all year.

He’s losing development time. We know he’s not gonna be over Williams/Fulkerson next year and most likely Walker/Burns will be ahead of him. Just don’t see PT for him in the future

Well to be fair Schofield was in a shooting slump but he is a hard worker and fixed like I knew he would.
I’m certainly not ignoring that he had a tough start to the year but that is all over now. Whatever he and Norvell were chatting about seemed to fire him up.

I’m not real sure to whom you are speaking but why not enjoy the win? We are a long way from March and beating the top ranked team is as good as it gets until that time comes so there’s nothing wrong with enjoying it. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree we will all be disappointed if this team isn’t playing the second weekend of the tournament and hopefully the third. We beat the number one team for the 5th time in our entire history. It’s not like we do this every other year man. Not to mention, if you are that focused on March right now, this win will be HUGE for seeding and favorable seeding is the first step to success. A good seed doesn’t guarantee success but it sure helps.

Reactions: Yeiser10
I watched the first part of 2nd half. There were SEVERAL fouls that "could" have been called and weren't. The foul on the dunk attempt was egregious.
I thought that overall it was pretty even in that they let both teams play. I’m so glad it wasn’t one of those games with the whistle blowing every 3 seconds. But I definitely agree on the dunk attempt. 9 times out 10 when you bring the arm down like the defender did, even if you don’t make contact like he must definitely did, the refs call a foul. There was a ton of contact on that play. The other one that bothered me was when Bone fell resulting in a walk there at the end. We had 2 guys down because of a push in the back. No doubt we got away with some stuff too. The main thing for me was the refs didn’t take the game over and stayed consistent the whole game. They didn’t let the teams play one half and call everything the other. The game was so much better because they let it be.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don't post in the BB forum but once in a blue moon but damn guys, we took #2 to OT away and beat #1 away. Schofield may have had some confidence issues last year, but this AIN'T LAST YEARS TEAM!!!!

GO BIG ORANGE!

Edit: Freak kindly corrected me.
I'm not sure Admiral has ever lacked for confidence. :)

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I simply meant I’m not sure why you would completely dismiss Auburn?

Isn’t that the same team they wanted to run Pearl out of town until they went on a win streak? Teams get lucky. If Tennessee keeps their head on straight and continues at this level of play Auburn will be a W

Isn’t that the same team they wanted to run Pearl out of town until they went on a win streak? Teams get lucky. If Tennessee keeps their head on straight and continues at this level of play Auburn will be a W
We aren’t talking about a 7 game winning streak, are you familiar with them at all or simply letting your dislike for Pearl cloud your judgment?

This team is balanced...It was a total team effort....get off the soap box...Bone is carrying a load right now with Turner's injury

Pisses me of that you find the faults (which there was None) vs the Accomplishments in this game

Why so serious?

We aren’t talking about a 7 game winning streak, are you familiar with them at all or simply letting your dislike for Pearl cloud your judgment?

Nothing against Pearl I stopped caring the minute he walked from Tennessee. I simply made a comment about Tennessee’s play. Going out west is tough and getting a W makes it even more impressive. If they continue to play at that level of effort, intensity, and like a team it’ll be tough for anyone to beat them. I don’t know enough about Auburn to give a fair assessment just my opinion about the outlook on the season

VN Store

Back