Name that Street

imavolfan

I bleed Orange
Since the tradition around the stadium is to change the names of the roads to coach and players name. What will they name the road when CLK takes us to the promised land?

I go with Lane Ln.:dance2:

Going off the imagination of UT I will say Kiffin Lane

I'll take it a step further with buildings:

Ed Orgeron Linguistics Center

IMO, UT has gone a little over the top naming streets after players and coaches. Honestly, why would a street be named after Peyton Manning? Because he was so beloved by the fans? Why would a street be named after Tee Martin? It wasn't because of him that we won the national championship. Al Wilson had as much to do with it as Tee. Is there a street named after Al Wilson? Or Reggie White? Is there a Bernard King drive? He is arguably the best player ever in the SEC? I don't think Manning can even be spoken of in that regard. Not even close

IMO, UT has gone a little over the top naming streets after players and coaches. Honestly, why would a street be named after Peyton Manning? Because he was so beloved by the fans? Why would a street be named after Tee Martin? It wasn't because of him that we won the national championship. Al Wilson had as much to do with it as Tee. Is there a street named after Al Wilson? Or Reggie White? Is there a Bernard King drive? He is arguably the best player ever in the SEC? I don't think Manning can even be spoken of in that regard. Not even close
Maybe just name aisles of Neyalnd Stadium after whole teams...

IMO, only people who make some tremendous contribution to the prestige of the university need to have a street named after them...

So.. I'm ok with John Ward, General Neyland, Pat Head Summitt (or is it just Pat Head now?)... and the like.

How about throwing some world-class adademicians into the mix like, say, oh... Dr. William Bass (anthropology, who started the famous "Body Farm")?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say,
Lane Kiffin Lane :dance2:

I understand peyton because he contributes a lot to the university and has brought in ridiculous amounts of money. As to why no Al Wilson or Reggie White, I don't know...but I think the Tee Martin one had to go up because Peyton got his...

IMO, only people who make some tremendous contribution to the prestige of the university need to have a street named after them...

So.. I'm ok with John Ward, General Neyland, Pat Head Summitt (or is it just Pat Head now?)... and the like.

How about throwing some world-class adademicians into the mix like, say, oh... Dr. William Bass (anthropology, who started the famous "Body Farm")?

i believe she is gonna remain Summit

VN Store

Back