Texas A&M
LSU
Kentucky

SEC Teams going to the WNIT

Arkansas
Florida
Georgia

Kentucky at 7th ? Howard is probably gonna be the POY next season

I agree UK is probably 3rd or 4th best, depending if Carter returns for TAMU. If Treasure Hunt adapts to the college game quickly, they will be really good. Arkansas will be good next year as well.

Ole Miss is getting two really good freshmen. They will be middle of the pack. Auburn should be dead last. Do they have any players left?

Arkansas is bringing in a top 40 recruit and Dungee and Ramirez will both be back as 5th year seniors. They did lose Tolefree, but I believe Arkansas will still be a borderline ranked team.

If Carter comes back for A&M they will be vet heavy with 6 seniors and top 15.

South Carolina will be top 5 and Miss St should be top 10.

KY has Rhyne and 3 other solid players. If they dont get any tranfers or had some that sat some this year and just dont know about them Hunt and the other top 100 recruit will have to be immediate impact players.

I didnt realize Darby wasnt rated in the top 100 on Hoopgurlz, not many impact freshman are rated outside that list in the past. As long as Davis returns I think UT has a solid starting 5. Key Davis Hortson Green and Massengill. Can McKoy KK Burrell improve for thier junior or senior years? Will the 2 freshman have an impact. Still would put UT around 20 to 25.

How Ole Miss grabbed 2 top 50 recruits, yet UT didnt sign 1 just boggles my mind.

LSU Auburn Vandy Alabama didnt sign one top 100 signee. UF Missouri and Georgia each signed 1, with UF signing a top 30 player.

UGA and LSU will be senior heavy, UF just about returns everyone, barring injuries Vandy should have a decent team. Missouri Alabama and obviously Auburn dont seem like they will be much next season.

Taking about 30 minutes to look through all the rosters my guess would be...

South Carolina
Miss St
Texas A&M
UT
Arkansas
UK
LSU
UGA
UF
Vandy
Alabama
Missouri
Ole Miss
Auburn

Reactions: JustaChicken
My way too early preseason 2020-2021 SEC Women's Basketball Predictions

1)South Carolina
2)Mississippi State
3)Tennessee
4)Alabama
5)Texas A&M
6)LSU
7)Kentucky
8)Arkansas
9)Florida
10)Georgia
11)Vanderbilt
12)Auburn
13)Missouri
14)Ole Miss

SEC Championship Game:South Carolina vs Tennessee

SEC Champions:South Carolina

SEC Teams going to the 2021 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament

South Carolina
Tennessee
Mississippi State
Alabama
Texas A&M
LSU
Kentucky

SEC Teams going to the WNIT

Arkansas
Florida
Georgia

I do not think UT will be playing in SEC championship game.

Reactions: zaqhhh
Arkansas is bringing in a top 40 recruit and Dungee and Ramirez will both be back as 5th year seniors. They did lose Tolefree, but I believe Arkansas will still be a borderline ranked team.

KY has Rhyne and 3 other solid players. If they dont get any tranfers or had some that sat some this year and just dont know about them Hunt and the other top 100 recruit will have to be immediate impact players.

I didnt realize Darby wasnt rated in the top 100 on Hoopgurlz, not many impact freshman are rated outside that list in the past. As long as Davis returns I think UT has a solid starting 5. Key Davis Hortson Green and Massengill. Can McKoy KK Burrell improve for thier junior or senior years? Will the 2 freshman have an impact. Still would put UT around 20 to 25.

How Ole Miss grabbed 2 top 50 recruits, yet UT didnt sign 1 just boggles my mind.

LSU Auburn Vandy Alabama didnt sign one top 100 signee. UF Missouri and Georgia each signed 1, with UF signing a top 30 player.

UGA and LSU will be senior heavy, UF just about returns everyone, barring injuries Vandy should have a decent team. Missouri Alabama and obviously Auburn dont seem like they will be much next season.

South Carolina
Miss St
Texas A&M
UT
Arkansas
UK
LSU
UGA
UF
Vandy
Alabama
Missouri
Ole Miss
Auburn

Ole Miss signing two 5 Star players is an eye opener.

Only the top 25 are generally 5 stars....so they signed 13th and 48th. Still impressive.

Only the top 25 are generally 5 stars....so they signed 13th and 48th. Still impressive.
In women's basketball, generally somewhere from 50-53 players are listed as 5-stars. It's way too many players.
I agree UK is probably 3rd or 4th best, depending if Carter returns for TAMU. If Treasure Hunt adapts to the college game quickly, they will be really good. Arkansas will be good next year as well.

Ole Miss is getting two really good freshmen. They will be middle of the pack. Auburn should be dead last. Do they have any players left?
Agreed on Kentucky. They will add Dre'Una Edwards (Former Pac-12 FOY at Utah), and return additional key players such as Patterson, McKinney, Wyatt, and others.

I think Ole Miss will still be pretty bad. Madison Scott will be a terrific frosh, but they will have no height, and have lost some of their top returnees. They'll have to get terrific contributions from their freshmen.

Auburn will still return Unique Thompson, who is one of the best in the SEC, and Baylor transfer Honesty Scott-Grayson will be eligible. Besides those two, yikes.

To me I have to see how effective Zaye will be. If she makes complete recovery with her Athletic gifts we should be Top 4 in league top 20 in year. Another question will be Tess ability to give Tn 10 quality minutes being a threat from outside. Philippians 4:6-7

Reactions: krichunaka
Stupid idea...Jumpers galore if it happens

It'll be like pro baseball right before the playoffs
Maybe. Maybe not.

The questions are:

- how many players over the years didn’t transfer because they had to sit a year

- how many players in the future that wouldn’t even think of transferring before the rule change decide to transfer

I‘m thinking not much will change. Players that want to leave, leave no matter how long they have to sit out.

Maybe. Maybe not.

The questions are:

- how many players over the years didn’t transfer because they had to sit a year
exactly,,,they had to give their chosen program a real commitment and chance. With this if the coach didn't win out of the gate...JUMPERS!

- how many players in the future that wouldn’t even think of transferring before the rule change decide to transfer

I‘m thinking not much will change. Players that want to leave, leave no matter how long they have to sit out.
Wrong!

Think about the era we just went through with CHW...we'd of lost everybody if there was no penalty for not honoring a commitment.

On the other end
We are the university of Tennessee Lady Vols
Most jumpers will want to jump to us and programs that are perennial top 25'ers
So we would benefit in that respect

Coaching would have to change dramatically
Coach K would have had to be a top 10 coach to land anyone right out of the gate bc our girls could jump without penalty and our recruiting would have taken an even more impactful hit than it has already

It would become the KY men's team scenario in women's CBB...no more season,, just win or go home basketball or lose your recruits...A different lineup every year bc jumpers would want to jump to the hottest org

SO coaches could not build programs, they would have to build systems instead
Right now college players understand (moreso in WCBB) that they will be in a program 4 years and can grow into the offensive schemes. Same with coaches.

That would change.
Those of you with bad experiences and opinions of AAU and it's loaded teams
Seeing girls from your team jump the next year to one that beat you...Get ready for the same in college if this happens

Coaches like me in the AAU who refused to take jumpers are rare
If this gets passed, I as an NCAA coach couldn't refuse a gamechanger,

Bad move
BAD move!

right now it is a case by case scenario
they have it right, right now

Stupid idea...Jumpers galore if it happens

It'll be like pro baseball right before the playoffs

The transfer that will allow players not to sit out will be dissasster seriously. Every player would want to transfer if they only play 20mts.

The transfer that will allow players not to sit out will be dissasster seriously. Every player would want to transfer if they only play 20mts.
Do you understand that your statement is mathematically impossible, as far as increasing their playing time goes ?

Last edited:
40% of the top ten players from the 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes have already transferred.
How high do you think that rate will go ?
Though guidelines haven't been set yet, it appears as though the ability for transfers to play, without having to sit out a year, will be a 1 time event for each athlete.

Last edited:
1 USC
1 MS ST (2 losses each for these teams)
3 UT
4 Kentucky
5 Arkansas
5 Texas AM
7 UF***
8 Georgia
9 LSU
10 Alabama
11 Mizzou
12 Vandy
13 Ole Miss
14 Auburn

I think we take a big step next year. Those close games will be ours (like Kentucky, A&M, maybe even MSST)

7-12 are basically toss ups. Who stays healthy? Who produces? A lot of these teams are prone to disappointment too.

A&M also dependent on Carters return.

***UF is my sleeper. They return everyone. Bring in a good class. And got some big wins late like vs Arkansas. Really good coach too. 3 years undefeated in the OVC

Last edited:
Wrong!

Think about the era we just went through with CHW...we'd of lost everybody if there was no penalty for not honoring a commitment.

that doesn’t say much for the Tennessee mystiqu. Lost everybody? Doubtful.

On the other end

No offense but wouldn’t more top HS recruits come to Tennessee if that was the case?

Coach K would have had to be a top 10 coach to land anyone right out of the gate bc our girls could jump without penalty and our recruiting would have taken an even more impactful hit than it has already

make up your mind. Is Tennessee a draw for players or not?

It would become the KY men's team scenario in women's CBB...no more season,, just win or go home basketball or lose your recruits...A different lineup every year bc jumpers would want to jump to the hottest org

maybe it would. But as someone else posted a high percentage of top players already transfer.

Right now college players understand (moreso in WCBB) that they will be in a program 4 years and can grow into the offensive schemes. Same with coaches.

That would change.
Seeing girls from your team jump the next year to one that beat you...Get ready for the same in college if this happens

Bad move
BAD move!

It’s a big decision for these young women and I just don’t see this causing more transferring than there is already. But get ready, its more likely going to happen.

Did you just say you were an NCAA coach? I think you left out the word “if”.

South Carolina
Miss St
Texas A&M
UT
Arkansas
UK
LSU
UGA
UF
Vandy
Alabama
Missouri
Ole Miss
Auburn
Are you saying we will be running a three guard/ one wing /post starting five.

It’s a big decision for these young women and I just don’t see this causing more transferring than there is already. But get ready, its more likely going to happen.

Did you just say you were an NCAA coach? I think you left out the word “if”.

Not an NCAA coach, but I was NCAA certified when I coached exposure.

I as an NCAA coach couldn't refuse a gamechanger ....I was speaking in the "if" scenario there though

Wrong!

On the other end

That would change.

Bad move
BAD move!

I guess that throw development out the window.
.Tea' Cooper comes to mind.

VN Store

Back