My Thoughts on this Year, and the Next

wombat7477

It's not wise to upset Awaka
What can you say about this season? Helluva ride. In the end, a more experienced MSU team showed: they recognized our confusion and got two free throws when it mattered. The best we could do was a flailing half-court airball by the worst shooter on the team not named Williams or Pearl.

But damn... Elite Eight? Are you freaking kidding me? I am going to miss Wheezy, Maze, and yes even JP more than I ever thought I would. Good luck to those guys.

But on to next year. I am pumped about the freshmen coming in and who we have coming back. I have two main thoughts looking ahead:
  • Brian Williams: he came on like a beast at the end of this year. I am excited to see how much he progresses; hopefully he doesn't need Chism pushing him. He might even emerge as a team leader... who'da thunkit?
  • Scotty Hopson: man, I hope people give him some support for a change. He hasn't lived up to the one-and-done expectations that some people set for THEMSELVES, and so he's gotten abuse in the form of some of the lamest arguments I've ever heard. He doesn't try? He mopes? I tell you this: only one person knows if he's giving all he's got, and it's not us. Pearl sees how hard he works more than anyone, and Pearl wants him on the floor. You can't measure effort by how much somebody sweats (LAME) or how their shoulders slump (epic LAME). The kid has talent; he was the second leading scorer on our team, behind a senior (apparently without even trying). His game has improved from year one to year two (jumpshot is way better). Not bad for a true sophomore. If he improves again this year, he can be all SEC. These people posting that he should quit and never come back make me want to vomit. How about encouraging him? He needs to work on his ball handling and aggressiveness (hard to be aggressive when you don't trust your handle). Be Vol fans, not jerk-asses.

Wow, didn't intend for this to be so long, but it's an emotional day. Time for some spring football!

What can you say about this season? Helluva ride. In the end, a more experienced MSU team showed: they recognized our confusion and got two free throws when it mattered. The best we could do was a flailing half-court airball by the worst shooter on the team not named Williams or Pearl.

But damn... Elite Eight? Are you freaking kidding me? I am going to miss Wheezy, Maze, and yes even JP more than I ever thought I would. Good luck to those guys.

But on to next year. I am pumped about the freshmen coming in and who we have coming back. I have two main thoughts looking ahead:
  • Brian Williams: he came on like a beast at the end of this year. I am excited to see how much he progresses; hopefully he doesn't need Chism pushing him. He might even emerge as a team leader... who'da thunkit?
  • Scotty Hopson: man, I hope people give him some support for a change. He hasn't lived up to the one-and-done expectations that some people set for THEMSELVES, and so he's gotten abuse in the form of some of the lamest arguments I've ever heard. He doesn't try? He mopes? I tell you this: only one person knows if he's giving all he's got, and it's not us. Pearl sees how hard he works more than anyone, and Pearl wants him on the floor. You can't measure effort by how much somebody sweats (LAME) or how their shoulders slump (epic LAME). The kid has talent; he was the second leading scorer on our team, behind a senior (apparently without even trying). His game has improved from year one to year two (jumpshot is way better). Not bad for a true sophomore. If he improves again this year, he can be all SEC. These people posting that he should quit and never come back make me want to vomit. How about encouraging him? He needs to work on his ball handling and aggressiveness (hard to be aggressive when you don't trust your handle). Be Vol fans, not jerk-asses.

Wow, didn't intend for this to be so long, but it's an emotional day. Time for some spring football!

Killjoy moment here. Just sayin.

I like that line. I might have to use it in the future :)

Yeah probably, but I can't help but get psyched bout Vol football
Posted via VolNation Mobile

spring practice isn't going to be pretty...especially if a few more people end up leaving

I'd say get excited about the vols going to the draft or something first; that at least kills time until the end of april :)

Good post.....I know that I expect good things to come from this team for years to come....let's do it even bigger next year!!

I'll miss those Seniors.....It was so hard for me to watch them walk off that court for the last time....

This was a great post, i especially like the Hopson part. He improved a lot from his freshman year and if he does it again he could be a really good player. With him and hopefully a good pairing of B will and Harris good things are about to happen.

VN Store

Back