My SEC outlook for the 2021 football season

There’s a phrase I like to use for people like Pruitt, and that’s “seldom right, but never in doubt.” The identity just seemed inconsistent to me. Maybe it was the QB play, but I just never knew what to expect from one week to the next.
The dumbest people I've met in my life are also among the most self-assured.

That YouTube video where he talks about asparagus is the Beverly Hillbillies thing I’ve ever seen . I always saw people mention, but didn’t know that it was real until I saw it.
It's funny how it works though. That was seen by most people as funny, perhaps even charming, when he first took the job. Now, knowing how he performed as HC, we're like "How did we not see this coming?"

I remember reading one of the publications that has the anonymous comments from other coaches after Pruitt was fired. Some coach supposedly said, and I'm paraphrasing, that to say he was an old school coach would be an understatement. Great recruiter that easily related with players, but the reason why players love him is because they think they are better than he is. Very knowledgable position coach and defensive mind, but was shocked when a program, especially a big program like Tennessee, gave him the keys to the car. Said the coaching community within the SEC had him pegged as a lifetime defensive coordinator or position coach.

It's funny how it works though. That was seen by most people as funny, perhaps even charming, when he first took the job. Now, knowing how he performed as HC, we're like "How did we not see this coming?"

I remember reading one of the publications that has the anonymous comments from other coaches after Pruitt was fired. Some coach supposedly said, and I'm paraphrasing, that to say he was an old school coach would be an understatement. Great recruiter that easily related with players, but the reason why players love him is because they think they are better than he is. Very knowledgable position coach and defensive mind, but was shocked when a program, especially a big program like Tennessee, gave him the keys to the car. Said the coaching community within the SEC had him pegged as a lifetime defensive coordinator or position coach.

I admit that his I’m just a football coach shtick was a breath of fresh air after Butch’s nonstop cringeworthy slogans. And I do admit that I think he is a good X’s and O’s guy when he stays in his lane. Unfortunately, going back to the “seldom right, but never in doubt”, his micromanagement killed the staff and any ability we had to grow as a team.

I admit that his I’m just a football coach shtick was a breath of fresh air after Butch’s nonstop cringeworthy slogans. And I do admit that I think he is a good X’s and O’s guy when he stays in his lane. Unfortunately, going back to the “seldom right, but never in doubt”, his micromanagement killed the staff and any ability we had to grow as a team.
As a fanbase, we have a tendency to latch on to whatever character traits that are the most opposite of the previous coach, and interpret those opposite traits as an indication that this coach is better. Did it with Lane and Pruitt in particular.

Here's the latest College Football Coaches Hotseat

1-Jim Harbaugh Michigan
2-Clay Helton USC
3-Jeff Brohm Purdue
4-Scott Frost Nebraska
5-Mike Leach Mississippi State
6-Justin Fuente Virginia Tech
7-Dino Babers Syracuse
8-Dana Holgorsen Houston
9-Randy Edsall UConn
10-Doug Martin New Mexico State
11-Walt Bell UMass
12-Dana Dimel UTEP
13-Jake Spavital Texas State
14-Geoff Collins Georgia Tech
15-Scot Loeffler Bowling Green
16-Tom Arth Akron
17-Jeff Scott South Florida
18-Mike Bloomgren Rice
19-Butch Davis Florida International
20-David Cutcliffe Duke
21-Scott Satterfield Louisville
22-Thomas Hammock Northern Illinois
23-Marcus Arroyo UNLV
24-Seth Littrell North Texas
25-Mike Norvell FSU
26-Chip Kelly UCLA
27-Steve Addazio Colorado State
28-Johnathan Smith Oregon State
29-Mel Tucker Michigan State
30-Neal Brown West Virginia

Coaches Hot Seat 2021

1-Jim Harbaugh Michigan
2-Clay Helton USC
3-Jeff Brohm Purdue
4-Scott Frost Nebraska
7-Dino Babers Syracuse
8-Dana Holgorsen Houston
9-Randy Edsall UConn
11-Walt Bell UMass
12-Dana Dimel UTEP
16-Tom Arth Akron
18-Mike Bloomgren Rice
20-David Cutcliffe Duke
23-Marcus Arroyo UNLV
25-Mike Norvell FSU
26-Chip Kelly UCLA

Coaches Hot Seat 2021
Why is Brohm so high? I thought They dealt with a ton of injuries in 2019 followed by a covid season. Surprised to see your boy Collins so high.

Reactions: Border Vol
Why is Brohm so high? I thought They dealt with a ton of injuries in 2019 followed by a covid season. Surprised to see your boy Collins so high.
Geoff Collins has got another two seasons before the vultures start circling on The Flats

IllustriousUnkemptHippopotamus-max-1mb.gif

1-Jim Harbaugh Michigan
2-Clay Helton USC
3-Jeff Brohm Purdue
4-Scott Frost Nebraska
7-Dino Babers Syracuse
8-Dana Holgorsen Houston
9-Randy Edsall UConn
11-Walt Bell UMass
12-Dana Dimel UTEP
16-Tom Arth Akron
18-Mike Bloomgren Rice
20-David Cutcliffe Duke
23-Marcus Arroyo UNLV
25-Mike Norvell FSU
26-Chip Kelly UCLA

Coaches Hot Seat 2021
They should have a permanent spot reserved at about #3 for “Tennessee Coach”.

That’s ridiculous. Especially given who the instate rival is and completely going 180 from a Paul Johnson system to what they’re running now.
I think it's very possible GT goes 6-6 and goes to a bowl game which would prove Coach Collins is starting to turn the corner.

I think it's very possible GT goes 6-6 and goes to a bowl game which would prove Coach Collins is starting to turn the corner.
I think the Coastal is kind of there for the taking at all times. No one is really good, Mack Brown will be retired in 3 years max, plus Sam Howell will be gone next year, Miami is still not doing much, and Virginia Tech is still a mediocre team with Fuente. GT could take advantage of it.

I’m actually lobbying for Duke to start running the triple option old GT offense when Cut retires, most likely following this season.

I think the Coastal is kind of there for the taking at all times. No one is really good, Mack Brown will be retired in 3 years max, plus Sam Howell will be gone next year, Miami is still not doing much, and Virginia Tech is still a mediocre team with Fuente. GT could take advantage of it.

I’m actually lobbying for Duke to start running the triple option old GT offense when Cut retires, most likely following this season.
I can see UNC winning 10 games and Miami winning 9 this season but i don't think UNC will be able to hang with Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I can see UNC winning 10 games and Miami winning 9 this season but i don't think UNC will be able to hang with Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.
UNC probably should win the Coastal. They have the best QB in the league, although King for Miami is good. I’m hoping THE🙌 remembers that thrashing they took last season at the hands of UNC. There is nothing worse than pretend UNC Football fan, so I’m hoping they blow it. AGAIN

LOL< all these VN Leach lovers are going to be in a state of shock their boy is #5 on the hotseat after being in Starkville only one season.

As a fanbase, we have a tendency to latch on to whatever character traits that are the most opposite of the previous coach, and interpret those opposite traits as an indication that this coach is better. Did it with Lane and Pruitt in particular.
you can see it with Heupel.

VN Store

Back