1-Clemson 12-0 (8-0 in the ACC)
2-Louisville 7-5 (6-2 in the ACC)
3-NCSU 8-4 (4-4 in the ACC)
4-Florida State 5-7 (3-5 in the ACC)
4-Wake Forest 6-6 (3-5 in the ACC)
5-Syracuse 4-8 (1-7 in the ACC)
6-Boston College 3-9 (0-8 in the ACC)

ACC Independent

Notre Dame 10-2(losses to Wisconsin and USC)

ACC Championship Game

Clemson beats North Carolina

ACC Coach of the Year

Mack Brown North Carolina

Last edited:
My ACC outlook for the 2021 football season

Coastal Division

1-North Carolina 10-2 (6-2 in the ACC)
1-Miami 9-3 (6-2 in the ACC)
3-Virginia Tech 7-5 (5-3 in the ACC)
4-Georgia Tech 6-6 (4-4 in the ACC)
4-Pitt 8-4 (4-4 in the ACC)
6-Virginia 4-8 (2-6 in the ACC)
7-Duke 3-9 (0-8 in the ACC)

Atlantic Division

1-Clemson 12-0 (8-0 in the ACC)
2-Louisville 7-5 (6-2 in the ACC)
3-NCSU 8-4 (4-4 in the ACC)
4-Florida State 5-7 (3-5 in the ACC)
4-Wake Forest 6-6 (3-5 in the ACC)
6-Syracuse 4-8 (1-7 in the ACC)
7-Boston College 3-9 (0-8 in the ACC)

ACC Independent

Notre Dame 10-2(losses to Wisconsin and USC)

ACC Championship Game

Clemson beats North Carolina

ACC Coach of the Year

Mack Brown North Carolina
Cut will walk away after this season. That’s my prediction.

Reactions: feathersax
Hopefully he comes nowhere near Knoxville.

Cut replacing Fuller in 2009 would have been UF’s worst nightmare.
Damn near happened in 2010, but that’s a different story. At one point I know for a fact that his plan was to retire in East Tennessee. However, no telling now with grandkids around this area and the beach nearby . Would love to him back in KTown at some practices being an analyst in some capacity. He really was the glue for all of those years that we had so much success.

I don't count losses to Notre Dame as ACC conference game losses. I wont recognize them as such until Notre Dame gets up the guts to join the ACC in football.

I get that, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Your SEC records total 51-61. Your ACC records total 52-60. They have to total 56-56.

Basically, you have a number of games where you're predicting that both teams will lose.

Reactions: TrueOrange
Here is how i think things will go in the SEC this fall

SEC East

1-Georgia 11-1 (8-0 in the SEC)
2-Florida 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
2-Missouri 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
4-Kentucky 7-5 (3-5 in the SEC)
5-Tennessee 5-7 (2-6 in the SEC)
6-South Carolina 4-8 (1-7 in the SEC)
7-Vanderbilt 3-9 (0-8 in the SEC)

SEC West

1-Alabama 12-0 (8-0 in the SEC)
2-Texas A&M 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
3-Ole Miss 8-4 (4-4 in the SEC)
3-Miss State 7-5 (4-4 in the SEC)
5-LSU 6-6 (3-5 in the SEC)
5-Auburn 7-5 (3-5 in the SEC)
7-Arkansas 3-9 (0-8 in the SEC)

SEC Championship Game

Alabama beats Georgia

SEC Coach of the Year

Eliah Drinkwitz Missouri
Well, Border, you show lots of love for Missouri yet little for the Vols & Hogs. That said, it looks to be an interesting season.

Well, Border, you show lots of love for Missouri yet little for the Vols & Hogs. That said, it looks to be an interesting season.
I think there will be a bit of improvement for Tennessee with the change of head coaches to Josh Heupel who seems to have a clear idea about what he wants to do unlike Cornbread. There is a lot of rebuilding that has to be done in my opinion.

Reactions: feathersax
Agree with pretty much all of it besides Missouri, I think it’s possible they go 9-3 with their schedule, but 8-4 or 7-5 is more likely imo

Reactions: Border Vol
One can only wish;) I think if LSU happens to finish 6-6 that there is a strong chance that Ed Orgeron will be fired.
Depending upon the contract and structure, I can see that happening. If it is structured with the huge buyout like Les Miles was, they may keep him into the next year and let him go after the third or fourth game like they did him.

Here is how i think things will go in the SEC this fall

SEC East

1-Georgia 11-1 (8-0 in the SEC)
2-Florida 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
2-Missouri 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
4-Kentucky 7-5 (3-5 in the SEC)
5-Tennessee 5-7 (2-6 in the SEC)
6-South Carolina 4-8 (1-7 in the SEC)
7-Vanderbilt 3-9 (0-8 in the SEC)

SEC West

1-Alabama 12-0 (8-0 in the SEC)
2-Texas A&M 9-3 (5-3 in the SEC)
3-Ole Miss 8-4 (4-4 in the SEC)
3-Miss State 7-5 (4-4 in the SEC)
5-LSU 6-6 (3-5 in the SEC)
5-Auburn 7-5 (3-5 in the SEC)
7-Arkansas 3-9 (0-8 in the SEC)

SEC Championship Game

Alabama beats Georgia

SEC Coach of the Year

Eliah Drinkwitz Missouri
I actually believe Vandy might be a game or two better than 3-9.
Impressive they have Stanford coming to Nashville

I think there will be a bit of improvement for Tennessee with the change of head coaches to Josh Heupel who seems to have a clear idea about what he wants to do unlike Cornbread. There is a lot of rebuilding that has to be done in my opinion.
That’s one thing that I thought about the other day that makes me optimistic for this staff. Heupel has been here for basically a cup of coffee and i feel like we had an identity before he even got off the plane. It may or may not work, but I know where we’re trying to go and how we’re trying to achieve our goals. That’s been missing or nonexistent under Pruitt. Plus Heupel is the most down to Earth coach we’ve had in forever. There’s no tag line, britches, brick by brick, cornbread aight bull$hit, he’s just straight ahead, knows he has to go to work and that’s exactly what he’s doing. I’m really hoping this works for more than just being good.

That’s one thing that I thought about the other day that makes me optimistic for this staff. Heupel has been here for basically a cup of coffee and i feel like we had an identity before he even got off the plane. It may or may not work, but I know where we’re trying to go and how we’re trying to achieve our goals. That’s been missing or nonexistent under Pruitt. Plus Heupel is the most down to Earth coach we’ve had in forever. There’s no tag line, britches, brick by brick, cornbread aight bull$hit, he’s just straight ahead, knows he has to go to work and that’s exactly what he’s doing. I’m really hoping this works for more than just being good.
Pruitt seemed down to earth too, but he was also an idiot and extremely arrogant. Not arrogant in a boastful way, but carried himself with an "I'm the football coach, and I'm not accountable to anybody" air about him. Pruitt had an identity too, but he was just awful at implementing it and frankly it probably was the wrong identity for a team in the last 2010s. He wanted to play a 2009 Alabama style of football; smashmouth on offense with a suffocating defense.

Pruitt seemed down to earth too, but he was also an idiot and extremely arrogant. Not arrogant in a boastful way, but carried himself with an "I'm the football coach, and I'm not accountable to anybody" air about him. Pruitt had an identity too, but he was just awful at implementing it and frankly it probably was the wrong identity for a team in the last 2010s. He wanted to play a 2009 Alabama style of football; smashmouth on offense with a suffocating defense.
There’s a phrase I like to use for people like Pruitt, and that’s “seldom right, but never in doubt.” The identity just seemed inconsistent to me. Maybe it was the QB play, but I just never knew what to expect from one week to the next.

VN Store

Back