My Journey to Alaska and back....again (and other Army/life adventures)

The scars are coming along nicely. Still relatively no pain. I'm sure once PT starts it'll be a different story
I've had 6 second degree sprains, 3 on each ankle. Unfortunately, the AF didn't have Sports Docs back in the early 80's and the ER docs treated them wrong the first time.

I sincerely hope you heal completely from this. Persistent ankle issues suck! On the bright side, I don't need no weather forecaster. Lol

I've had 6 second degree sprains, 3 on each ankle. Unfortunately, the AF didn't have Sports Docs back in the early 80's and the ER docs treated them wrong the first time.

I sincerely hope you heal completely from this. Persistent ankle issues suck! On the bright side, I don't need no weather forecaster. Lol
I've sprained both multiple times before as well. Army docs aren't any better lol.

Fractured it playing softball last summer. Ended up also tearing a ligament on both the inside and outside that needed to be repaired. A couple bone fragments were removed and just general clean up after nearly 17 years of running, rucking and jumping out of planes.
Damn should have said it was from a jump, a little nap of the earth flying and hitting the door in the dark and high winds

What happened Yank
You gonna be able to golf this summer

I’m gone for awhile and you’ve gone and got hurt
I golfed in June (so just over 3 months post-op. I probably could have played a few weeks sooner and been fine).

That's awesome man. However, you took your hat off just a little too much😄
giphy.gif

My dad (Army colonel, Medical Corps) encouraged me to learn ranks insignia. I did fine with officers, but once the stripes started adding up, I got lost. He told me to be polite to the ones with the shiny pins (officers), but to listen up when the guys with the stripes started talking. And I did.

Currently working for a retired Navy master chief. We give each other crap about the Army-Navy game, but I ain't pushing it any farther than that. And I'm pretty sure I'm older, lol.

Go Army.

I’m just now catching up on this thread. The retired Navy Master Chief, what was his rate?

I’m just now catching up on this thread. The retired Navy Master Chief, what was his rate?
I don't know. I tried counting all the stripes and lost track. I think he was the non-physician administrator of a Navy hospital? or something??

If I can find the photo again, I'll post his sleeve and let you untangle it.
biggrin2.gif

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

VN Store

Back