My Journey to Alaska and back....again (and other Army/life adventures)

Are you going to pick up a new side job, or are you ok with living off the one? (Which would barely keep a mouse alive.)
Well seeing as how I like toys (my BMW S1000RR), I’m gonna need a side job.

I’ve accepted another job, but still have some time so we’ll see

Well I was going to take leave this next weekend for 11 days.....DoD just squashed that

@YankeeVol , how are y'all handling this? Are you "essential"? I'm only essential on as needed basis. AKA, anytime the big wigs want to push out a COVID19 message. I also haven't had a haircut in almost a month. This is glorious.

Reactions: VolNExile
@YankeeVol , how are y'all handling this? Are you "essential"? I'm only essential on as needed basis. AKA, anytime the big wigs want to push out a COVID19 message. I also haven't had a haircut in almost a month. This is glorious.
Hubs’ hair is growing out, and looks like we’re headed toward an Old Guy Ponytail unless he snaps and has me cut it.

Reactions: volfanbill
I’m DIV Staff Duty, of course we are “essential” lol.

Just got a haircut yesterday.

I’m DIV Staff Duty, of course we are “essential” lol.

Just got a haircut yesterday.
That sucks. Honestly, trying to track everything at home via texts and e-mails is worse than just going to work, but the first two weeks of needing a haircut were annoying, but now it's gotten thick and long enough to not look like a disaster. All the barbers here were shut down. There's rumors we might be told to wear civilians full time if the hair gets too far out of regs.

Travel ban extended to June 30. Will review every 15 days and will hopefully start allowing more liberal waivers as necessary and allowable.

My report date to recruiting school is now officially in limbo. Yay Army

Travel ban extended to June 30. Will review every 15 days and will hopefully start allowing more liberal waivers as necessary and allowable.

My report date to recruiting school is now officially in limbo. Yay Army
What area are you trying to get to for recruiting?

What area are you trying to get to for recruiting?
I’m going to assume you meant where instead of what. I was DA Selected, so I don’t get to choose exactly where, but 3 different battalions come close to northeast Tennessee. Six of my ten picks will be those. I’d love to spend 3 years back home as close to Johnson City as possible.

Edit: I see now you wrote “What area”. This is why I shouldn’t play on VN while riding my bike trainer

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I’m going to assume you meant where instead of what. I was DA Selected, so I don’t get to choose exactly where, but 3 different battalions come close to northeast Tennessee. Six of my ten picks will be those. I’d love to spend 3 years back home as close to Johnson City as possible.

Edit: I see now you wrote “What area”. This is why I shouldn’t play on VN while riding my bike trainer
If you can't get Tennessee, come to Georgia!

Hope you get home. 🤞

Reactions: volfanbill

VN Store

Back