My Journey to Alaska and back....again (and other Army/life adventures)

Captains are usually great, and Colonels and above are easy to deal with. Other ranks suck. Only hard part dealing with Generals is their staff. The FOGO is typically the happiest guy in the room.
My dad (Army colonel, Medical Corps) encouraged me to learn ranks insignia. I did fine with officers, but once the stripes started adding up, I got lost. He told me to be polite to the ones with the shiny pins (officers), but to listen up when the guys with the stripes started talking. And I did.

Currently working for a retired Navy master chief. We give each other crap about the Army-Navy game, but I ain't pushing it any farther than that. And I'm pretty sure I'm older, lol.

Go Army.

My dad (Army colonel, Medical Corps) encouraged me to learn ranks insignia. I did fine with officers, but once the stripes started adding up, I got lost. He told me to be polite to the ones with the shiny pins (officers), but to listen up when the guys with the stripes started talking. And I did.

Currently working for a retired Navy master chief. We give each other crap about the Army-Navy game, but I ain't pushing it any farther than that. And I'm pretty sure I'm older, lol.

Go Army.
How did a teenager get master chief?

Reactions: VolNExile
MAYBE 25 series. But I don’t know if I’d want to do it
I’m a 25R (becomes Zulu for you, combining with 25V and 25M). We cover the visual information stuff, photos (25V), graphics (25M) and as a Romeo, we’re the technicians behind making sure it all works. I don’t know how much you’d like that, and our field is pretty small and crowded.

The other Signal Corps jobs, though, if you find something interesting are great for good money jobs when you retire. Just a thought.

Signal Corps- you can talk about us, but you can’t talk without us 😉

Reactions: rs16

Go Army.
An E5 of mine was blindsided that a Major asked his opinion on a situation coming up. I told him that’s the mark of a good Officer.

I’m a 25R (becomes Zulu for you, combining with 25V and 25M). We cover the visual information stuff, photos (25V), graphics (25M) and as a Romeo, we’re the technicians behind making sure it all works. I don’t know how much you’d like that, and our field is pretty small and crowded.

The other Signal Corps jobs, though, if you find something interesting are great for good money jobs when you retire. Just a thought.

Signal Corps- you can talk about us, but you can’t talk without us 😉
I probably won’t like anything else after doing this for 16+ years. Plus our mentality isn’t exactly made for other MOS’s. That being said, what I do doesn’t exactly translate to anything in the real world. I’d like to find something that does.

VN Store

Back