My idea for football.

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
I don't see why the scout teams can't play each other in the off-season. Losing one of them to injury (NOT that I want them to get hurt!!) wouldn't be as big a deal as losing a first-teamer, and since most of them are walk-on and non-scholarship, why would the NCAA care? Some of the second-teamers might emerge as surprise stars. At least the kids that never get to play would have their moment and football fans wouldn't have to suffer a 7-8 month drought. I know things like weather, travel expense, etc would be huge factors, but if baseball can run for almost a whole dadgum year, why can't football?? I bet OUR scout team is better than Florida's. LOL

I would be for it. Did you think this up on your own??

Originally posted by vol_freak@Feb 16 2004, 07:48 PM
I would be for it. Did you think this up on your own??

Yes, I did. Does that surprise you? :p

Another benefit would be our scout team getting better by playing other teams and then giving the first team more competition.

It doesn't suprise me...I just thought maybe you had seen it somewhere else. :dunno:

It seems like the problem would be the coaches having enough time to oversee something like that.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Feb 16 2004, 03:11 PM
Assistant coaches could earn their pay. ;)

Or certain ones could further prove that it is impossible for them to earn their pay.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Feb 16 2004, 08:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Feb 16 2004, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange@Feb 16 2004, 03:11 PM
Assistant coaches could earn their pay.  ;)

Or certain ones could further prove that it is impossible for them to earn their pay. [/quote]
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

VN Store

Back