My Favorite Vol Running Back... “The Bull.”

You know what, I’m glad you posted this because I couldn’t agree with you more. The blocking in these these older 90’s films jumped out a me, and were much different than today’s line play.. They appear to be much quicker, more explosive and way more dominating than line play today.
And I agree with you. I think it's because its man blocking and you know who you have so you go get them,no hesitation. Today is more about zone blocking where you have to see what the defense is doing first and then get the guy who comes near you. Imho of course. Also on pulling plays they use to turn and run left or right staying low. Now when they pull I see a lot of sliding left or right and not turning,getting your butt out there to block.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
Chuck Webb...played one full season and is still considered by many(including myself) to be the best to ever tote the rock at UT...

Speaks volumes to how good he was...

Travis Stephens or Henry. Little Man Stewart. Jamaal Lewis his freshman year. Hurd and Kamara were great fun to watch too.

So, on one roster, the Vols had Jamal and Cheese who starred in the NFL, Shawn Bryson who also started in the NFL at RB, and Travis Stephens who waited for his opportunity to shine, and eventually was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award as the top RB in the country. And they had Chad Clifton, Cosey Coleman, Spencer Riley and others blocking. Notice how slowly those defenders got up after nearly every play in that Jamal highlight film. Fun times!
Those 90's teams were stacked both sides of football offense and defense all players named were great as Vol players and had great careers in NFL we need
to get back to the way we were .........soon GO VOLS

Have not seen any love mentioned for William Howard or Sam Bam Henderson. I am not arguing they were our best running backs we ever had ... but I am saying, when it was 3rd and short vs. Bama or whoever, I liked our chances for these guys to get the 1st down.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
You know another one that was fun to watch in recent memory...who never really had the support around him...wish we could have seen more of what he could have done...John Kelly III... He ran angry

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Was that vs. Notre Dame? I do feel like HS was one of our "what might have been" guys, along with TRob, Dustin Moore, etc.

Yessiree, Hubert scored 4 TDs in that game, then soon after was dismissed from the team. We had to play against him in HS and he was almost impossible to tackle. I think he ran for something like 250 yards would have had more except it seemed like he ran it into the end zone every time he carried the ball.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back