My early,early,early 2023 ACC football predictions

Jeff Clark

Here are my end of the 2022 regular season early prediction for 2023 ACC football

ACC Atlantic Division

1-FSU 10-2 and 7-1 in the ACC
2-Clemson 10-2 and 6-2 in the ACC
3-NCSU 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
4-Syracuse 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC
5-Louisville 6-6 3-5 in the ACC
6-Wake Forest 5-7 and 2-6 in the ACC
7-Boston College 5-7 and 1-7 in the ACC

ACC Coastal Division

1-North Carolina 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
1-Pitt 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC
1-Georgia Tech 7-5 and 5-3 in the ACC
4-Duke 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
4-Miami 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
4-Virginia Tech 5-7 and 3-5 in the ACC
7-Virginia 2-10 and 0-8 in the ACC

ACC Championship Game

10-2 FSU vs 9-3 North Carolina

Reactions: peaygolf
(apologies to General Burk Turgidson)

And although I, uh, hate to judge before all the facts are in, it's beginning to look like, uh, @Jeff Clark has exceeded his authority and no one cares about the ACC.

MV5BNzFmZDBkNTAtNWU5Zi00OWJlLTg1MDMtNzFiZDk3ZDhhY2ExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_SY100_CR33,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

If Travis returns…….I like the FSU pick

Here are my end of the 2022 regular season early prediction for 2023 ACC football

ACC Atlantic Division

1-FSU 10-2 and 7-1 in the ACC
2-Clemson 10-2 and 6-2 in the ACC
3-NCSU 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
4-Syracuse 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC
5-Louisville 6-6 3-5 in the ACC
6-Wake Forest 5-7 and 2-6 in the ACC
7-Boston College 5-7 and 1-7 in the ACC

ACC Coastal Division

1-North Carolina 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
1-Pitt 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC
1-Georgia Tech 7-5 and 5-3 in the ACC
4-Duke 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
4-Miami 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
4-Virginia Tech 5-7 and 3-5 in the ACC
7-Virginia 2-10 and 0-8 in the ACC

ACC Championship Game

10-2 FSU vs 9-3 North Carolina

Who wants to tell him there aren’t going to be divisions in the ACC next season?

Anyone?

Last edited:
Normally I’m not impressed w/ an ACC teams schedule, but i just looked up Duke’s next season. It’s no joke. I don’t see Duke winning the league that’s for sure.A86E8ECE-238E-44A6-BFCF-CAA42E1FD9CB.jpeg

Fortunately for them their out of conference schedule is manageable. Even though UCONN isn’t the pushover they were anymore.
I just said the same thing to a friend of mine. UConn has turned it around a little bit. That’s a brutal schedule for Duke. UVA is the one conference game that I feel mildly confident in. The rest of those games are brutal or tossups. I can’t imagine anyone else in the ACC has a tougher conference schedule .

I just said the same thing to a friend of mine. UConn has turned it around a little bit. That’s a brutal schedule for Duke. UVA is the one conference game that I feel mildly confident in. The rest of those games are brutal or tossups. I can’t imagine anyone else in the ACC has a tougher conference schedule .
It really is admirable how UConn has turned it around. As far as Duke, I think a lot of it depends on how Louisville looks without Malik Cunningham and whether Hartman decides to come back to Wake Forest or not. Pitt would be considered a tossup I guess, but I don’t like Duke’s odds in that matchup. Absolute best case for them would be 7-5, and that’s with everything going as well as they could hope. I think more likely they go 4-8 or 5-7

Also, UNC found themselves a heck of a quarterback. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them and FSU face off in the ACC championship a couple of times over the next 3 years.

It really is admirable how UConn has turned it around. As far as Duke, I think a lot of it depends on how Louisville looks without Malik Cunningham and whether Hartman decides to come back to Wake Forest or not. Pitt would be considered a tossup I guess, but I don’t like Duke’s odds in that matchup. Absolute best case for them would be 7-5, and that’s with everything going as well as they could hope. I think more likely they go 4-8 or 5-7
Unfortunately I think you’re correct. This was not the season to do away with divisions. Elko was announced as ACC COY, a lot of momentum w/ the program. Duke probably should be playing in Charlotte this weekend and now they get that gauntlet. Duke just doesn’t have the depth to compete w/ teams like Clemson, Notre Dame, physical Pitt, physical NC State and an FSU team that should be preseason top 10. I’ll take the Coastal w/ a bad state of Virginia, mediocre GT and winnable games against Miami, UNC and Pitt.

There's a rumor that he might transfer to Alabama.
That’s unfortunate. Not that I care about UNC, but I like seeing players stay with the school they started at. Though with the amount of NIL money floating around it’s hard to blame them for making changes like that.

VN Store

Back