My Dissapointment

BHAMVOLFAN

I'm dissapointed because we lost, for sure. However it looks like most thought this would be an easy win and we weren't prepared. I beg to differ. We finished with a 3 stringer at QB....a 3 stringer behind 2 freshman. We play with a banged up OL...thanks to Doug Dickey for this schedule. Therre are about 85 reasons we lost but it wasn't lost due to lack of effort, being flat, or stupid coaching.

Our D held ND to 10 points. We gave away the winning touchdown on a poor decision by the 3 string QB. Our center couldn't snap the ball in the shotgun. Our punter struggles still.

Oh, and that last play of the 1st half. Alabama did exactly what we did tonight. No one questioned that call (bammer had their 3rd stringer in...all they have left). Ainge's injury could have happened anytime.

Let's go back and think through this game. At what time did any of our players not give it their all? Never.

Instead of whining about coaching or flat play or play calling, let's support these kids who bleed for us 7 days a week. I love them and look forward to Vandy regardless of which QB is on the field. Oh, and lets pray for some health for all these injured kids as well.

Excellent post. I love the Vols win or lose. I'd rather lose to ND than Florida or Georgia any day.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My sig also goes for all our injured players... But it would be kinda hard to fit them all in.

Great post BHamVol! I thought similar things myself. I'm disappointed to lose, but our guys laid it all out there. Even Clasuen gave his all. Did anyone else see Burnett hurdle one of their O-linemen while trying to get a pass rush?!?!?! I would KILL for a quality picture of that... that would be a full-size poster on my wall!

:clap: They all left it all on the field, effort was not lacking. I hate losing but they played there hearts and we should be proud of them and be proud to be Vol fans.

I must say, if you look at the schedule, the 2 losses the Vols have are the only losses they could possibly have and still be in contention for the SECCG. Lose to Georgia instead of Auburn... and the Vols don't have a chance of making the SECCG. And lose an SEC contest instead of Notre Dame and the Vols don't have a chance of making the SECCG.

Before the season started, and CPF announced that a freshman would be starting at QB, I imagined at least 4 losses. Could still happen with the SECCG and a bowl coming upcoming.... but I never imagined making it to the SECCG. And if you told me Georgia would be 8-1 and ranked #5 at this point in the season... I would have also told you that the Vols would not be in the SECCG. I'm proud of the coaches and the players for making this a season of hope. Even the fact that the Vols had hope this late in the season of making the NCG was pretty cool.

Go Vols!!!!

Hello guys and gals. Sorry for my abscense as of late (was out of town on business). Just wanted to say tough loss saturday. I know it was a hard to swallow right now (especially with the loss of BOTH of you talented young QB's), but good times will allways out weigh the bad times. Plus all you have to do is take care of Vandy and Uk and you have the SECCG to look forward to. Anyway good to be back and good luck the rest of the year.

thanks fade welcome back and bite some tigers in the :shakeit: this weekend!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Nov 9, 2004 10:06 AM
Hello guys and gals. Sorry for my abscense as of late (was out of town on business). Just wanted to say tough loss saturday. I know it was a hard to swallow right now (especially with the loss of BOTH of you talented young QB's), but good times will allways out weigh the bad times. Plus all you have to do is take care of Vandy and Uk and you have the SECCG to look forward to. Anyway good to be back and good luck the rest of the year.

Oh wow fade! Thanks! You just made my day! :lol: I'm glad you made it back safe, thanks for the consolation... Are you the ONLY classy UGA fan? Because you're the only one I've met.

Oh... and good luck with Aubarn! :cross:

I was actually hoping that Auburn would be 11-0 when the Vols play them in the SECCG. After reading Wareagle76's posts.... I hope they lose to Georgia and Alabama. After looking at Tuberville's history... they could very easily lose to either Georgia or Alabama. Wouldn't it be great if Auburn lost to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and in a bowl game! The 9-4 record would match Tuberville's best ever.

Actually I hope Auburn is undefeated when we play that way Tennessee is the one who knocked them out of the Title Game...The Kicker is Georgia with 2 losses. Wait till the discussions Tennessee Beats Auburn in the SECG Auburn Beats Georgia Tennessee beats Georgia and on and on...

VN Store

Back