My Current Field of 65

1. Tennessee will get a No. 1 seed.

2. Ohio State and Florida wouldn't be in the field as of today.

3. Kentucky and Oklahoma would be included before the aforementioned above.

1. Tennessee will get a No. 1 seed.

2. Ohio State and Florida wouldn't be in the field as of today.

3. Kentucky and Oklahoma would be included before the aforementioned above.

Correct - thus the "current" part of my field of 65 as of last Sunday.

I would absolutely hate to be the 2 or 3 that plays Belmont this year. Especially if I was coached by a certain man whose last name starts with a K. I'm not saying Belmont will win their first round game, but they could certainly give someone a scare.

I feel the same way about Winthrop, and I don't think anyone wants to see Davidson as an 8 or 9 in their region either, especially UNC.

Speaking of Belmont, they are absolutely pasting a decent Jacksonville squad. There aren't many teams in college basketball that can shoot the trifecta like the Bruins.

I would absolutely hate to be the 2 or 3 that plays Belmont this year. Especially if I was coached by a certain man whose last name starts with a K. I'm not saying Belmont will win their first round game, but they could certainly give someone a scare.

Ask Mick Cronin and Mark Gottfried for an assessment (both filled Belmont's win column on their home floors this season).

Ask Mick Cronin and Mark Gottfried for an assessment (both filled Belmont's win column on their home floors this season).
Neither of those teams are within ICBM range of the NCAA Tournament. If Belmont plays one of the top 12 seeds, they'll be annihilated.

George Mason is the only team with a chance to beat VCU.

ODU and UNC-W can bring down VCU as well. It's amazing how under represented VCU is at the CAA tournament even though it's held in Richmond.

Well I never thought William and Mary would bring them down, but I was one for two VIA. And after seeing Swader's "technical" in the semifinal game, I think it's safe to say ETSU got jobbed in the A-Sun.

Updated after 3/9 games -

1: North Carolina, Memphis, UCLA, Tennessee
2: Kansas, Duke, Georgetown, Texas
3: Wisconsin, Xavier, Louisville, Stanford
4: Drake, Butler, Indiana, Michigan St
5: Washington St, Connecticut, Notre Dame, Marquette
6: Vanderbilt, Gonzaga, Clemson, Purdue
7: BYU, S. Alabama, W. Virginia, Davidson
8: Pittsburgh, Stephen F. Austin, St. Mary's, Oklahoma
9: USC, Kansas St, Baylor, New Mexico
10: Texas A&M, Miami, Miss State, Arizona
11: UNLV, Kent St, Arkansas, Ole Miss
12: Ohio St, Kentucky, Syracuse, Dayton
13: Massachusetts, VCU, Cornell, Oral Roberts
14: UCSB, Utah St, George Mason, Winthrop
15: UMBC, Belmont, Portland St, Siena
16: Austin Peay, Morgan St, American, Alabama St, Sacred Heart

Last 4 In - VCU, UMass, Dayton, Syracuse
First 4 Out - Oregon, Illinois St, UAB, Florida
Next 4 Out - W. Kentucky, Villanova, Arizona St, Florida St

Grant is an exceptional coach, but if I was a VCU fan I'd be worried right about now. I think they're right there on the cusp of making it and I'm cheering for them, but it will be very close

Yeah, that were the last team to get in my fake bracket. They realllllly screwed themselves.

I'm still saying Belmont gets the last 14 seed. Maybe at the expense of UCSB? I think you pretty much have it nailed other than that. My field wouldn't look much different at all.

Also, there may only be a few people giving Stephen F. Austin the respect they deserve. I can't see them actually pulling an 8 seed, but they will give whoever they play in the first (and possibly second) round fits.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot

VN Store

Back