MUST WATCH: This Josh Dobbs Vols Hype Video Will Make You Stand And Cheer

The very last play in the video is my favorite of his. And I am freaked out scared he's gonna get hurt this year.

It certainly would be a disaster if Dobbs gets injured, but I'm not particularly worried about it for a few reasons.

First and foremost, Dobbs should be less vulnerable if our offensive line improves as expected. Here, another offseason in the strength and conditioning program should help all of our returning players. The only significant personnel changes are 1) returning Coleman Thomas to his natural position (center), where at the very least he should provide better depth and push incumbent starter Mack Crowder to improve; and 2) replacing a former walk-on with a missing ACL at tackle with two or three blue chip prospects (Drew Richmond, Dontavius Blair, Jack Jones). Although our offensive line will necessarily improvement by some amount since the unit was so inexperienced (and bad) last year, there is genuine reason for optimism.

Second, and on a related note, Dobbs shouldn't have to run around as much and expose himself to injury risk for the simple reason that our overall improvement as a team should let us race out to big leads in more games. A better defense means Dobbs won't have to single-handedly win shootouts like he did last year against South Carolina, while better depth at runningback (with Alvin Kamara and perhaps some of the incoming true freshman behind Jalen Hurd) should allow Dobbs to run less in our spread-option run offense.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, Dobbs is a smart, naturally-elusive player. He knows exactly how important he is to the team, so he won't take any stupid chances by fighting for unnecessary extra yards. And unlike some other notable mobile QBs in recent memory (e.g., RGIII, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, etc.), Dobbs seems to have a preternatural instinct to avoid taking big hits. To me, Dobbs has the same kind of smooth elusiveness that Barry Sanders used to have at runningback; he just always seems to glide through tackle attempts and fall safely to the ground at the end of every play.

So, while I agree with everybody else that Dobbs' health is of paramount importance, I'm not particularly worried about it for the reasons given above.

Reactions: 1 person
The highlight of Dobbs getting hit in the Alabama game is missing. The offensive line needs to try something new. Thomas has to start at center. Richmond at LT. Kendrick at RT.

Watching this gets me pumped for the season. One thing I noticed watching this is I love how Dobbs acts after a touchdown or a big play. The guy acts like he has been there before. He give the ball to the ref and goes back and gets ready for the next play. I love that.

The pass @ 4:41 is pretty impressive.

He throws it from Tennessee's 41-yard line to Pig at Vandy's 25-yard line. That's a 34-yard pass already, but he throws it 2/3 of the way across the field, which adds even more distance.

Not only that, but the pass has great velocity and a tight spiral the entire distance...and he throws it after avoiding pressure and with defenders still in his face.

The highlight of Dobbs getting hit in the Alabama game is missing. The offensive line needs to try something new. Thomas has to start at center. Richmond at LT. Kendrick at RT.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/57...p4?versionId=Ucyn4abazx4.8GF1sKFK02U.IuTeL33k

Just stop it Mr. Thomas. Coleman is not close to being ready to play center in the SEC. That would absolutely ruin everything that has been established this offseason and in NO way would help keep our QBs upright. If that happens (injury) we have taken a huge step backwards.

Reactions: 1 person
Von and Pig were Dobb's #1 and #2 receivers. We really need Von back this year.

North is better than either and will be full strength this year.

Him and Pig will be able to keep the box clear.

It certainly would be a disaster if Dobbs gets injured, but I'm not particularly worried about it for a few reasons.

First and foremost, Dobbs should be less vulnerable if our offensive line improves as expected. Here, another offseason in the strength and conditioning program should help all of our returning players. The only significant personnel changes are 1) returning Coleman Thomas to his natural position (center), where at the very least he should provide better depth and push incumbent starter Mack Crowder to improve; and 2) replacing a former walk-on with a missing ACL at tackle with two or three blue chip prospects (Drew Richmond, Dontavius Blair, Jack Jones). Although our offensive line will necessarily improvement by some amount since the unit was so inexperienced (and bad) last year, there is genuine reason for optimism.

Second, and on a related note, Dobbs shouldn't have to run around as much and expose himself to injury risk for the simple reason that our overall improvement as a team should let us race out to big leads in more games. A better defense means Dobbs won't have to single-handedly win shootouts like he did last year against South Carolina, while better depth at runningback (with Alvin Kamara and perhaps some of the incoming true freshman behind Jalen Hurd) should allow Dobbs to run less in our spread-option run offense.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, Dobbs is a smart, naturally-elusive player. He knows exactly how important he is to the team, so he won't take any stupid chances by fighting for unnecessary extra yards. And unlike some other notable mobile QBs in recent memory (e.g., RGIII, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, etc.), Dobbs seems to have a preternatural instinct to avoid taking big hits. To me, Dobbs has the same kind of smooth elusiveness that Barry Sanders used to have at runningback; he just always seems to glide through tackle attempts and fall safely to the ground at the end of every play.

So, while I agree with everybody else that Dobbs' health is of paramount importance, I'm not particularly worried about it for the reasons given above.

Good points!

Just knowing he's the guy and getting some big wins last year will give Dobbs a huge confidence boost and motivation

Great video. That beat down on Iowa was just so nasty. Was glad I was there for it. Time to build on that win into this coming season!

Though this video makes me sad because VP was a big part of our offense last year and he's gonna be missed. Luckily we have good depth at WR. Hopefully it all works out and he comes back but if he's indeed guilty, then he's an idiot. I'll reserve judgement til it's all said and done.

Though this video makes me sad because VP was a big part of our offense last year and he's gonna be missed. Luckily we have good depth at WR. Hopefully it all works out and he comes back but if he's indeed guilty, then he's an idiot. I'll reserve judgement til it's all said and done.

According to Hubbs, it's very likely to all work out for the best, sooner rather than later regarding Von's return.

there is 3 things I want out of Dobbs this year

1 learn to slide and if you know how,do it

2 be more accurate passing the ball

3 stay healthy all year

number 3 is the most important

The title of this thread sounds like the title of a Buzzfeed article.

VN Store

Back