Music City Bowl wants Vols (merged)

We’re 7-5. We’re not exactly a supermodel opponent either.
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Lol, rags to riches over night.

Few short weeks ago we were staring straight at a 2-3 win season, no way we were going bowling, lucky if we beat UAB and ready to fire Pruitt.

Now? I don't want no damn boring team like VTech or Louisville, gimmie Penn St or Michigan. We're hot right now after whooping up on Vandy and UAB. Hell, Mizz fired their coach after we beat them. Lol.

Reactions: Titan05
I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Lol, rags to riches over night.

Few short weeks ago we were staring straight at a 2-3 win season, no way we were going bowling, lucky if we beat UAB and ready to fire Pruitt.

Now? I don't want no damn boring team like VTech or Louisville, gimmie Penn St or Michigan. We're hot right now after whooping up on Vandy and UAB. Hell, Mizz fired their coach after we beat them. Lol.
I agree 100%. I want a quality opponent that we can really measure ourselves against.

Reactions: feathersax
I agree 100%. I want a quality opponent that we can really measure ourselves against.

Then you misunderstood me. I don't want a quality opponent, not this year. I've always been the one ready to take on anyone, but not this one time. I just want to win dude. Finish this forked up season, and last 3 years with a friggin win!! Sick of losses.

That is all.

100% doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room... I'd say there is a 0% chance of me being good with math or of you buying my plane tickets to Nashville.
I would bet my left testicle on it bag day. That's a Ten_Titans guarantee.

And you certainly don't need to read my post history to know how valuable that is.

Yep. I can't find the one where he said it was almost a guarantee, but did find these...

You can't find it because I did not say that. I said the MCB had a higher profile and payout than it did when we first went back in 2010, but it's certainly not a guarantee that we would go there.

In fact, unless something crazy happens, I don't see UT going there at all. Outback if the SEC gets three teams in the Playoff/New Years Six, Gator if they only put three in.

We will get that chance next year in sooner land. I’m with @Behr, this one time I want to go to a nice Florida bowl and get a return on my money by watching a beat down victory of some b10 team by my Vols. I don’t want to invest all that money, time, etc... like all the Vandy fans that came to Neyland only to get their hopes crushed. That must have been a sad wet car ride back to Nashville for all 3 of them.

A Music City Bowl matchup with Virginia Tech,Pitt or Wake Forest wouldn't be too bad:cool:

While I’d love to see them get treated better in respect for an 8-win season, when it comes to the pool of 8-4 Wake Forest, 8-4 Virginia Tech, 7-5 Pitt, and 7-5 Louisville that the ACC will have to sift through for the Belk, Music City, Sun, and Pinstripe Bowl, Wake Forest will likely at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to bowl placements.

Doesn't all the bowl money go into one big SEC pool split amongst all schools, anyway? Or did I make that up?

Most of it. The SEC schools get a graduated amount based on the bowl’s payout ($1,050,000 if the bowl pays $1,499,999 or less; $1,325,000 if the bowl pays between $1,500,000 and $3,999,999; $1,525,000 if the bowl pays between $4,000,000 to $5,999,999; $2,050,000 if the bowl pays $6,000,000 or more or is a CFP semifinal; $2,150,000 for the CFP final).

The rest of each bowl’s payout is pooled together along with TV deal money, etc., and split 15 ways (between the SEC front offices plus the 14 SEC teams).

Reactions: cncchris33
Since our last bowl was the MCB, I would think it would be another one this time, but I guess we will see. I don't think it actually means much for determining where teams go, but the fan vote for the Outback bowl has Tennessee at 70%. Good that we are talking about which bowl we go to this year, instead of just hoping for a bowl next year.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Well auburn is ranked ahead of them now, so somehow auburn would have to fall below Alabama between now and Sunday when neither play a game

I’m not sure they’d need to...I don’t think the Citrus Bowl is bound in its selection by the CFP rankings like the New Years 6 bowls are; they’d get to pick between a 9-win and 10-win team, each presumably within a game of each other.

And depending on what happens regarding the playoffs with Utah and the winner of Oklahoma/Baylor, and depending on how far Wisconsin falls if they lose to Ohio State, isn’t there some possibility for a Cotton Bowl spot to open for Auburn?

Since our last bowl was the MCB, I would think it would be another one this time, but I guess we will see. I don't think it actually means much for determining where teams go, but the fan vote for the Outback bowl has Tennessee at 70%. Good that we are talking about which bowl we go to this year, instead of just hoping for a bowl next year.
If there wasn't so much time between bowl appearances I'd agree.

Deerpark said a couple of weeks ago that if we made it to a bowl the MCB was pretty much a guarantee.

I can Uber to the game and get as stoned as I want to then Uber home.

Sounds fine to me.

Because going to cold Dallas to play Memphis or Boise is boring and pointless

A New Years 6 Bowl - as far as prestige, money, attention, etc - is still a New Years 6 Bowl. Some of their fans might gripe about opponents but the program would gladly take a Cotton Bowl bid.

Honestly, with the way the rankings currently are, Florida’s probably looking at going to Miami to play UVA in the Orange Bowl unless Wisconsin upsets Ohio State.

Reactions: tbwhhs
If you have not looked at today's selection committee raking, I recommend you do so. It's on the ESPN site. I was surprised to see how far Alabama had fallen (12th) in the ranking. If this hold, they will not make a NY6 bowl. If that was not bad enough, Wis moved ahead of Florida to eighth. While they very likely to drop after the game with Ohio St this weekend, they could still finish ahead of Florida and Bama. If they occurs, I think Florida would also fall out of the NY6 bowls.

Now I'll leave it to you to speculate where UTn ends up if Bama and Florida are slotted for Citrus and Outback. Auburn seems like the next more desirable SEC team available.

Unless Wisconsin upsets Ohio State (or the game goes down to the wire/overtime), they’re likely dropping at least 1-2 spaces, putting UF in the Orange Bowl (...presuming that something doesn’t happen like a UGA upset of LSU putting both teams into the CFP semifinals, in which case UF would be going to the Sugar Bowl regardless of what happens elsewhere).

The bigger question/matter at hand - presuming LSU beats UGA and Ohio State beats Wisconsin - would be who makes the playoffs between a Pac-12 Champion Utah and the winner of Oklahoma/Baylor.

If it’s the Big 12 winner (more likely if it’s Oklahoma), then the loser goes to the Sugar Bowl, Utah plays presumably Penn St in the Rose Bowl, and it’s a matter of whether or not Wisconsin falls 2 or 3 spots to determine whether it’s Wisconsin or Auburn playing in the Cotton Bowl.

If Utah wins the Pac-12 and makes the playoffs, things change a bit. The Oklahoma/Baylor winner is now in the Sugar Bowl, the Rose Bowl becomes Oregon vs Penn State/Wisconsin, and I would think the Cotton Bowl would feature Baylor/Wisconsin/Penn St vs Memphis/Boise/Cincinnati.

The Music City Bowl is a higher ranked bowl than Taxslayer, Nashville much better destination than Jacksonville other than the temp
Whoever gets to select first is the higher ranked. Not how much money the put out, the picking order for music city leaves a lot to be desired.

If you read the entire article it even says the Tennessee could go to a higher rated bowl either the gator or outback. I would prefer to go to a florida bowl but I am not going to kick and scream if we go to music city, I am just glad we are getting the practice and are going to a bowl. But when they select, the picking order is how the bowls are rated and that is how it should be. You would think it would go by the money as to order but it does not. My point is the music city does a good job in putting out money but it is not getting to pick in front of the outback or gator and that's why it is considered a lesser bowl competition wise. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: RTVFL89

VN Store

Back