Music 50 years ago

i listened to this stuff on my transistor radio with the old school ear bud

il_794xN.4401416223_eo0j.jpg

Crosby's death: Wow, what a great album CSNY's "Deja Vu" is. Probably should have been included in the "albums with no bad songs" thread.
Sorry, probably around 1970.

Reactions: EasternVol
I am still stuck on 150 years ago: The War of the Romantics was in full force and Brahms was about to go for the winning blow with his First Symphony in 1876 to defeat the boring and overwrought Wagnerians and the tedious and tiresome Ring Cycle.
War of the Romantics - Wikipedia

Reactions: vols72
Funny I was just thinking about making a thread like this. Older music. I was just a kid in the 70's and 80's. I've always been a fan of rock music and as the years progressed me Metal Head as Heavy Metal got better. That said I still like to sit back put my headphones on and just jam to songs for my middle school days and so on.

Can't believe it's 50 years old. I grew up with the 60s/70s music.I have 60's and 70's playlists that I still listen to every day. Got my LP's from college, too. I know every generation feels the same way about "their music", but I truly believe those 2 decades were some of the very best music ever created. Timeless and it never gets old....well...you know what I mean.

F#$k. I clicked on this thread expecting to see Kingston Trio and other stuff from the 50's...not the decade I was born in.

VN Store

Back